2018 Michigan Compiled Laws
Chapter 552 - Divorce
Act 138 of 1966 THE FAMILY SUPPORT ACT (552.451 - 552.459)
AN ACT to confer jurisdiction upon the circuit courts to order and enforce the payment of money for the support, in certain cases, of parents having physical custody of minor children or children who have reached the age of majority and of minor children or children who have reached the age of majority by noncustodial parents and to enter orders governing custody and parenting time for those children; to provide for the termination of the effectiveness of the support orders; and to provide for the payment of fees and assessment of costs in those cases.
History: 1966, Act 138, Eff. Mar. 10, 1967 ;-- Am. 1970, Act 153, Imd. Eff. Aug. 1, 1970 ;-- Am. 1983, Act 196, Imd. Eff. Nov. 7, 1983 ;-- Am. 1990, Act 237, Imd. Eff. Oct. 10, 1990 ;-- Am. 2002, Act 574, Eff. Dec. 1, 2002
- Section 552.451 Proceedings for support of custodial parent and children; complaint; service; prohibition.
- Section 552.451a Proceedings for support of children; support order; burden of proof; applicability of section.
- Section 552.451b Proceedings for support of custodial parent and children being supported by public assistance; burden of proof.
- Section 552.451c Repealed. 2001, Act 111, Eff. Sept. 30, 2001.
- Section 552.452 Hearing; order; contents; burden of proving lack of ability to provide support; amount; medical and other expenses; enforcement of order; custody and parenting time.
- Section 552.453 Transmitting order for support to friend of court.
- Section 552.454 Prosecuting attorney as attorney for petitioner; agreement to transfer prosecutor's responsibilities; conduct of proceeding on behalf of state; utilization of child support formula as guideline; transmittal of payments to department of human services.
- Section 552.455 Modification of order; application and notice; order void upon entry of judgment of divorce or separate maintenance.
- Section 552.456 Warrant for criminal nonsupport; testimony.
- Section 552.457 Repealed. 2009, Act 236, Imd. Eff. Jan. 8, 2010.
- Section 552.458 Fees and costs.
- Section 552.458a Centralized receipt and disbursement of support.
- Section 552.459 Short title; “state disbursement unit” or “SDU” defined.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.