2018 Michigan Compiled Laws
Chapter 257 - Motor Vehicles
Act 300 of 1949 MICHIGAN VEHICLE CODE (257.1 - 257.923)
300-1949-VI CHAPTER VI OBEDIENCE TO AND EFFECT OF TRAFFIC LAWS (257.601...257.750)
300-1949-VI-SPEED-RESTRICTIONS SPEED RESTRICTIONS (257.627...257.633)
- Section 257.627 Speed limits.
- Section 257.627a "Regularly scheduled school session," "school," and "school zone" defined; speed limit on highway segment in school zone; time period; exception; state trunk line highway or county highway; school in session year-round; signs; violation as civil infraction.
- Section 257.627b Repealed. 2006, Act 85, Eff. Nov. 9, 2006.
- Section 257.628 Maximum or minimum speed limit; determination; petition by township board; modified speed limit; public record of traffic control order; speed limit signs, signals, or devices; violation as civil infraction; definitions.
- Section 257.628a Repealed. 1974, Act 28, Imd. Eff. Mar. 2, 1974.
- Section 257.629 Repealed. 2016, Act 445, Imd. Eff. Jan. 5, 2017.
- Section 257.629a County traffic safety organization; creation, appropriation.
- Section 257.629b Reduction of maximum speed limit; violation as civil infraction.
- Section 257.629c Points and minimum fine; schedule; applicability of subsection (1).
- Section 257.629d Repealed. 2006, Act 231, Eff. Sept. 24, 2006.
- Section 257.629e Levy, transmittal, and disposition of assessments; annual report; highway safety fund, jail reimbursement program fund, secondary road patrol and training fund; creation; administration; use of money collected; annual report.
- Section 257.630 Repealed. 1976, Act 439, Imd. Eff. Jan. 13, 1977.
- Section 257.631 Public bridge, causeway, or viaduct; maximum speed, load, or gross weight; violation as civil infraction; assessment of civil fine; exceptions; determination of civil fine; determination of gross weight; investigation; signs; evidence.
- Section 257.632 Exemption from speed limitations; police vehicles, fire department or fire patrol vehicles, and ambulances; conditions.
- Section 257.633 Violation of speed limit; specifications in complaint, citation, summons, or notice; burden of proof.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.