2018 Michigan Compiled Laws
Chapter 257 - Motor Vehicles
Act 300 of 1949 MICHIGAN VEHICLE CODE (257.1 - 257.923)
300-1949-VI CHAPTER VI OBEDIENCE TO AND EFFECT OF TRAFFIC LAWS (257.601...257.750)
300-1949-VI-ACCIDENTS ACCIDENTS (257.617...257.624b)
- Section 257.617 Accident resulting in serious impairment of body function or death; stopping required; reporting to police agency or officer; violation as felony; penalty.
- Section 257.617a Accident; personal injury; reporting to police agency or officer; stopping required; penalty; suspension of license.
- Section 257.618 Accidents; damage to vehicles; stopping required; reporting to police agency or officer; penalty.
- Section 257.618a Vehicle accident; removal from main traveled portion of roadway; conditions; violation of subsection (1) as civil infraction; removal by law enforcement agency, public agency, or department; liability; "gross negligence" defined; reimbursement.
- Section 257.619 Accidents; duties of driver.
- Section 257.620 Accidents; attended or unattended vehicle; stopping; report.
- Section 257.620b "High-occupancy vehicle" or "HOV" defined.
- Section 257.620c "High-occupancy vehicle lane" or "HOV lane" defined.
- Section 257.621 Accidents; fixtures on or adjacent to highway; notification of owner; exhibition of driver's license; reports.
- Section 257.622 Report of accidents resulting in death, personal injury, or property damage; forms; analysis; use; retention.
- Section 257.622a Ignition interlock device; installation included in crash report.
- Section 257.623 Accidents; reports by garagekeepers or repairmen.
- Section 257.624 Report not available for use in court action; purpose of report; authorization and purpose of scientific studies and research; use of data; disclosures; liability; penalty.
- Section 257.624a Transportation or possession of alcoholic liquor in open or uncapped container open or upon which seal broken; violation as misdemeanor; exception; subsections (1) and (2) inapplicable to passenger in commercial quadricycle; definitions.
- Section 257.624b Transport or possession of alcoholic liquor by person less than 21 years of age.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.