2017 Michigan Compiled Laws
Chapter 500 - Insurance Code of 1956
Act 218 of 1956 THE INSURANCE CODE OF 1956 (500.100 - 500.8302)
218-1956-79 CHAPTER 79 PROPERTY AND CASUALTY GUARANTY ASSOCIATION (500.7901...500.7949)
- Section 500.7901 Property and casualty guaranty association act; short title.
- Section 500.7911 Property and casualty guaranty association; membership; exception; laws to which association subject.
- Section 500.7911a Life or disability insurer not to be member of association.
- Section 500.7912 Property and casualty guaranty association; board of governors; appointment, terms, and qualifications of members; vacancy.
- Section 500.7914 Property and casualty guaranty association; plan of operation, adoption, amendment, approval; failure to adopt operation plan.
- Section 500.7916 Property and casualty guaranty association; servicing facilities; designation; reimbursement; authority; approval.
- Section 500.7918 Property and casualty guaranty association; powers generally.
- Section 500.7921 “Insolvent insurer” and “member insurer” defined.
- Section 500.7925 “Covered claims” defined; definitions.
- Section 500.7931 Payment and discharge of covered claims; association as party in interest; rights of association; cause of action against insureds; recoverable damages or benefits as credit against covered claim; action to recover excess payment; claims made under worker's disability compensation act; continuation and duration of coverage for covered claims; cancellation of insurance policies; notice; definitions.
- Section 500.7933 Financial condition of member insurer; reports and recommendations; advice to commissioner; exemption from public disclosure.
- Section 500.7935 Cooperation of insured with association; assignment of rights; indemnification from catastrophic claims association; options.
- Section 500.7941 Assessments on member insurers; purpose; allocation of claim payments and costs to categories; separate assessments for each category; use, amount, and rate of assessment; remittance and administration of assessments; notice; limitation; exemption or deferment; recognition of assessments in rate-making procedures; refunds; revocation of certificate of authority.
- Section 500.7945 Stay of proceedings.
- Section 500.7947 Tax exemption.
- Section 500.7948 Liability.
- Section 500.7949 Insurance commissioner; regulatory powers; visitation; examination; hearings.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.