2017 Michigan Compiled Laws
Chapter 500 - Insurance Code of 1956
Act 218 of 1956 THE INSURANCE CODE OF 1956 (500.100 - 500.8302)
218-1956-28 CHAPTER 28 FIRE INSURANCE CONTRACTS (500.2804...500.2866)
- Section 500.2804 Fire insurance contracts on property herein deemed made in Michigan.
- Section 500.2806 Policy or contract of fire insurance; requirements.
- Section 500.2807, 500.2808 Repealed. 1990, Act 305, Imd. Eff. Dec. 14, 1990.
- Section 500.2810 Printing regulations on fire policy.
- Section 500.2812 Combination fire policy; mandatory provisions.
- Section 500.2816-500.2824 Repealed. 1990, Act 305, Imd. Eff. Dec. 14, 1990.
- Section 500.2826 Liability for difference between actual value of property and amount expended to repair, rebuild, or replace.
- Section 500.2827 Fire policy providing reimbursement for lost or damaged property; maximum liability; cash settlement; payment of amount in excess of actual cash value of lost or damaged property.
- Section 500.2828 Repealed. 1990, Act 305, Imd. Eff. Dec. 14, 1990.
- Section 500.2832 Repealed. 1990, Act 305, Eff. Jan. 1, 1992.
- Section 500.2833 Fire insurance policy; mandatory provisions; coverage.
- Section 500.2834 Fire insurance policy; exclusion related to terrorism; definition.
- Section 500.2836 Breach of warranty or condition as defense; payment of losses.
- Section 500.2840 Repealed. 1990, Act 305, Imd. Eff. Dec. 14, 1990.
- Section 500.2842 Average or pro rata clause; form; filing and approval.
- Section 500.2845 Withholding 25% of actual cash value or final settlement where loss to insured real property due to fire or explosion; notice to city, village, or township treasurer, insured, and mortgagee; escrowing and retaining withheld amount; procedure; recording information and depositing money in trust or escrow account; releasing policy proceeds to mortgagee; commingling funds prohibited; retaining earned interest; forwarding money to insured; reasonable proof; using retained proceeds to secure, repair, or demolish damaged or destroyed structure and clear property; returning unused portion of retained proceeds; demolition of property; civil action for return of policy proceeds; liability of insurer; applicability of section; list of cities, villages, and townships; exception to withholding requirements; definitions.
- Section 500.2850 Repealed. 1962, Act 71, Eff. Mar. 28, 1963.
- Section 500.2860 Contrary provision void.
- Section 500.2862 Repealed. 1978, Act 219, Eff. Dec. 5, 1978.
- Section 500.2866 Violation of chapter; forfeiture and disposition of fine; revocation of authority to transact business; reinstatement.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.