2017 Michigan Compiled Laws
Chapter 500 - Insurance Code of 1956
Act 218 of 1956 THE INSURANCE CODE OF 1956 (500.100 - 500.8302)
218-1956-26 CHAPTER 26 FIRE AND INLAND MARINE RATES (500.2600...500.2674)
- Section 500.2600 Purpose of chapter; construction.
- Section 500.2601 Scope of chapter.
- Section 500.2603 Rate-making provisions; uniformity.
- Section 500.2604 Expired. 1980, Act 461, Eff. Dec. 31, 1980.
- Section 500.2606 Rate filings; proposed effective date; character and extent of coverage; insufficient information; public inspection; trade secret; inland marine rates; insurer as member of or subscriber to rating organization.
- Section 500.2608 Rate filings; review by insurance commissioner; waiting period; specific inland marine rates on risks.
- Section 500.2610 Filing requirements; modification or suspension by insurance commissioner.
- Section 500.2612 Rate filings; adherence by insurer.
- Section 500.2614 Rate organization; excess rates on specific risks.
- Section 500.2616 Disapproval of filing by insurance commissioner; notice; waiting period; specific inland marine rate.
- Section 500.2618 Failure of filing to meet requirements; procedure.
- Section 500.2620 Disapproval of filing; complaint of aggrieved person or organization; hearing; notice; order rendering filing ineffective.
- Section 500.2626 Manual, minimum, class rate, rating schedule, rating plan or rule; rates meeting standards.
- Section 500.2628 Rates; alternative method of filing; disapproval; hearing; order; approval; adjustment of premium; review.
- Section 500.2630 Rating organization; license application, contents.
- Section 500.2636 Rating organizations; subscribers; notice of changes in rules and regulations; review; order.
- Section 500.2638 Rating organizations; rules affecting payment of dividends, savings or unabsorbed premiums.
- Section 500.2640 Rating organizations; cooperation with other rating organizations and insurers, discontinuance.
- Section 500.2642 Rating organizations; submission of policies for examination; actuarial, technical, or other services.
- Section 500.2646 Rating organizations; deviation, procedure, termination of deviation.
- Section 500.2648 Rating organizations; alternative methods for deviation.
- Section 500.2650 Rating organizations; member or subscriber, appeal to insurance commissioner.
- Section 500.2652 Rating organization and insurer; rating information to insured, hearing; appeal.
- Section 500.2654 Advisory organizations; definition; filing; discontinuance of unfair or unreasonable practices; rate filings; violation.
- Section 500.2658 Joint underwriting or reinsurance; unfair activities.
- Section 500.2662 Examination of rating advisory organizations; report.
- Section 500.2664 Statistical plans; exchange of data, consultation.
- Section 500.2666 Withholding information, false or misleading information; penalties.
- Section 500.2670 Violation of chapter; imposition and disposition of civil fines; suspension or revocation of license.
- Section 500.2672 Insurer or rating organization aggrieved by order without hearing; hearing, court review.
- Section 500.2674 Insurance commissioner; regulatory powers.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.