2017 Michigan Compiled Laws
Chapter 450 - Corporations
Act 169 of 1965 DISSOLUTION OF CHARITABLE PURPOSE CORPORATIONS ACT (450.251 - 450.253)
AN ACT to require notice and accounting to the attorney general of the dissolution, merger, or conversion of, and certain amendments to or restatements of the articles of incorporation of, certain domestic charitable purpose corporations or other entities; to require court proceedings for dissolution of those domestic charitable purpose corporations or entities; and to require the filing of a notice of intention to withdraw with the attorney general by a foreign charitable purpose corporation that withdraws from this state.
History: 1965, Act 169, Imd. Eff. July 15, 1965 ;-- Am. 2014, Act 558, Imd. Eff. Jan. 15, 2015
- Section 450.251 Charitable purpose corporations; prohibited conduct; compliance with subsection (2); merger, conversion, or dissolution; notice and documents to attorney general; court proceedings; consent to dissolution by attorney general.
- Section 450.251a Short title of act.
- Section 450.252 Acceptance of certain certificates and amendments by department of licensing and regulatory affairs; issuance of certificate of withdrawal.
- Section 450.252a Consent by attorney general; failure to provide written notice under subsection (1); submission of affidavit; judicial review of refusal of attorney general to consent to transaction.
- Section 450.253 Construction of act.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.