2017 Michigan Compiled Laws
Chapter 257 - Motor Vehicles
Act 300 of 1949 MICHIGAN VEHICLE CODE (257.1 - 257.923)
300-1949-VI CHAPTER VI OBEDIENCE TO AND EFFECT OF TRAFFIC LAWS (257.601...257.750)
300-1949-VI-TRAFFIC-SIGNS-SIGNALS-AND-MARKINGS TRAFFIC SIGNS, SIGNALS, AND MARKINGS (257.608...257.616a)
- Section 257.608 Uniform system of traffic control devices; manual.
- Section 257.609 Traffic control devices; placement and maintenance; restrictions; county road commission, permission, costs.
- Section 257.610 Traffic control devices; placement and maintenance by local authorities and county road commissions; compliance with manual; failure to comply with statutory provisions; sale, purchase, or manufacture of devices.
- Section 257.611 Traffic control devices; obedience required; exception; avoiding obedience by driving on public or private property; violation as civil infraction.
- Section 257.611a Direction of traffic in work zone; conditions; failure to comply; violation as civil infraction.
- Section 257.612 Traffic control signals; location; red arrow and yellow arrow indications; colors; traffic control signal at place other than intersection; stopping at sign, marking, or signal; violation of subsection (1) or (2) as civil infraction; approaching person using wheelchair or device to aid walking; violation of subsection (4) as misdemeanor; location of sign prohibiting turn on red signal; additional sign; location of temporary traffic control signal.
- Section 257.613 Applicability of regular traffic control signals to pedestrians; special pedestrian control signals; violation as civil infraction.
- Section 257.613a School crossings; establishment; basis; determination; notice; erection of school crossing signs.
- Section 257.613b School crossing guard; stationing; time period; color and design of outer vest; stopping vehicular traffic with hand held stop sign; authority.
- Section 257.613c School crossing guard; responsibility of local law enforcement agency; instruction required; approval and conduct of courses.
- Section 257.613d Failure to stop for school crossing guard holding stop sign in upright position; misdemeanor; presumption.
- Section 257.614 Flashing red or yellow signals; violation as civil infraction.
- Section 257.615 Signs or lights resembling traffic-control devices or emergency vehicles; commercial advertising on traffic signs; prohibition; public nuisance; removal; placement of street decorations and banners.
- Section 257.616 Repealed. 2016, Act 111, Eff. Aug. 8, 2016.
- Section 257.616a Portable signal preemptive device; prohibitions; penalties; exceptions; definitions.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.