2017 Michigan Compiled Laws
Chapter 257 - Motor Vehicles
Act 300 of 1949 MICHIGAN VEHICLE CODE (257.1 - 257.923)
300-1949-VI CHAPTER VI OBEDIENCE TO AND EFFECT OF TRAFFIC LAWS (257.601...257.750)
300-1949-VI-SPECIAL-STOPS-REQUIRED SPECIAL STOPS REQUIRED (257.667...257.671)
- Section 257.667 Stopping at railroad grade crossing; driving through, around, or under crossing gate or barrier; violation as civil infraction.
- Section 257.667a Installation and use of unmanned traffic monitoring devices at railroad grade crossing; civil infraction; evidence; diagnostic study team review required where fatality at public railroad grade crossing; exception.
- Section 257.668 Designating certain grade crossings as “stop” crossings or “yield” crossings; signs; duties of driver; cost of yield sign installations; action for negligence; failure to stop or yield as civil infraction.
- Section 257.669 Vehicles required to activate hazard warning lights and stop at railroad track grade crossing; driver to listen and look in both directions; shifting gears prohibited; exceptions; "inactive railroad track" defined; violation as civil infraction.
- Section 257.669a Federal motor carrier safety regulations; adoption; transportation of persons and property over railroad-highway grade crossings.
- Section 257.670 Operating or moving certain vehicles or equipment upon or across steam railroad tracks at grade level; notice of intended crossing; stopping, listening, and looking; warning; violation as civil infraction.
- Section 257.671 Designation of through highways; designation of stop, yield, or merge intersections; stop, yield, or merge signs; violation as civil infraction.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.