2017 Michigan Compiled Laws
Chapter 257 - Motor Vehicles
Act 300 of 1949 MICHIGAN VEHICLE CODE (257.1 - 257.923)
300-1949-VI CHAPTER VI OBEDIENCE TO AND EFFECT OF TRAFFIC LAWS (257.601...257.750)
300-1949-VI-DRIVING-WHILE-INTOXICATED-AND-RECKLESS-DRIVING DRIVING WHILE INTOXICATED, AND RECKLESS DRIVING (257.625...257.626c)
- Section 257.625 Operating motor vehicle while intoxicated; "operating while intoxicated" defined; operating motor vehicle when visibly impaired; penalties for causing death or serious impairment of a body function; operation of motor vehicle by person less than 21 years of age; "any bodily alcohol content" defined; requirements; controlled substance; costs; enhanced sentence; guilty plea or nolo contendere; establishment of prior conviction; special verdict; public record; burden of proving religious service or ceremony; ignition interlock device; definitions; prior conviction; violations arising out of same transaction.
- Section 257.625a Arrest without warrant; circumstances; preliminary chemical breath analysis; provisions; operator ordered out-of-service; refusal of commercial motor vehicle operator to submit to chemical breath analysis as misdemeanor; penalty; provisions applicable to chemical tests and analysis; evidence; availability of test results; admissibility of refusal to submit to chemical test; definitions.
- Section 257.625b Arraignment of person arrested for misdemeanor violation; pretrial conference; advising accused of maximum penalty before acceptance of plea; screening, assessment, and rehabilitative services; action by secretary of state pending appeal.
- Section 257.625c Consent to chemical tests; persons not considered to have given consent to withdrawal of blood; administration of tests; definitions.
- Section 257.625d Refusal to submit to chemical test; court order; report to secretary of state; form.
- Section 257.625e Refusal to submit to chemical test pursuant to MCL 257.625d; request for hearing; notice.
- Section 257.625f Effect of failure to request hearing; hearing procedure; notice; authority of hearing officer; scope of hearing; finding; record; licensing sanctions; judicial review; notice to motor vehicle administrator of another state.
- Section 257.625g Duties of peace officer if person refuses chemical test or if test reveals unlawful alcohol content or presence of controlled substance or other intoxicating substance; test results; duration of temporary license or permit; definitions.
- Section 257.625g.amended Duties of peace officer if person refuses chemical test or if test reveals unlawful alcohol content or presence of controlled substance or other intoxicating substance; test results; duration of temporary license or permit; definitions.
- Section 257.625h Drunk driving prevention equipment and training fund; drunk driving caseflow assistance fund.
- Section 257.625i Michigan annual drunk driving audit; preparation; contents; report; evaluation of 1998 legislation.
- Section 257.625j Repealed. 1991, Act 98, Eff. Jan. 1, 1992.
- Section 257.625k Ignition interlock device manufacturer; certification; approval; requirements; rules; cost; notice to department by certifying laboratory; list of manufacturers; BAIID manufacturer; approval of BAIID service center; inspections; prohibited conduct by individual; installation requirements; installer qualifications and requirements; approval; renewal.
- Section 257.625l Ignition interlock device; warning label; prohibited conduct; violation as misdemeanor; penalty; impoundment of motor vehicle.
- Section 257.625m Operation of commercial motor vehicle by person with certain alcohol content; arrest without warrant; violation as misdemeanor or felony; sentence; suspension prohibited; prior conviction.
- Section 257.625m.amended Operation of commercial motor vehicle by person with certain alcohol content; arrest without warrant; violation as misdemeanor or felony; sentence; suspension of term prohibited; prior conviction.
- Section 257.625n Forfeiture of vehicle or return to lessor.
- Section 257.625o Ignition interlock device; sale, lease, or installation in vehicle; surety bond.
- Section 257.625p Operation of commercial quadricycle by person with certain alcohol content; prohibition; violation as misdemeanor; penalty.
- Section 257.625q Compliance with MCL 257.625k; investigation and determination by secretary of state; decertification of installer; notice to manufacturer; violation; penalty; suspension or revocation of manufacturer certification; removal from list of approved certified BAIIDs; summary suspension or revocation; hearing; rules.
- Section 257.625r Authority of peace officer certified as drug recognition expert to require person to submit to preliminary oral fluid analysis; arrest; admissibility of results; refusal; ordering person out of service.
- Section 257.625s Testimony of person qualified in administration of standardized field sobriety tests.
- Section 257.625t Roadside drug testing pilot program.
- Section 257.626 Reckless driving on highway, frozen public lake, or parking place; violation as misdemeanor; penalty.
- Section 257.626a Drag races; prohibition on public highways; definition; prima facie evidence.
- Section 257.626b Careless or negligent operation of vehicle as civil infraction.
- Section 257.626c Repealed. 2008, Act 463, Eff. Oct. 31, 2010.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.