2015 Michigan Compiled Laws
Chapter 691 - Judiciary
Act 17 of 1963 LIABILITY OF CERTAIN PERSONS FOR EMERGENCY CARE (691.1501 - 691.1507)***** 691.1501.amended THIS AMENDED SECTION IS EFFECTIVE FEBRUARY 28, 2016 *****
***** 691.1501 THIS SECTION IS AMENDED EFFECTIVE FEBRUARY 28, 2016: See 691.1501.amended *****
AN ACT to relieve certain persons from civil liability when rendering emergency care, when rendering care to persons involved in competitive sports under certain circumstances, or when participating in a mass immunization program approved by the department of public health.
History: 1963, Act 17, Eff. Sept. 6, 1963 ;-- Am. 1964, Act 60, Imd. Eff. May 12, 1964 ;-- Am. 1975, Act 123, Imd. Eff. July 1, 1975 ;-- Am. 1976, Act 202, Imd. Eff. July 23, 1976 ;-- Am. 1987, Act 30, Imd. Eff. May 26, 1987
- Section 691.1501 Physicians, physician's assistant, or nurses rendering emergency care or determining fitness to engage in competitive sports; liability for acts or omissions; definitions.
- Section 691.1501.amended Physician, physician's assistant, nurse, or EMS provider rendering emergency care; determining fitness to engage in competitive sports; liability for acts or omissions; definitions.
- Section 691.1502 Emergency care; exemption of certain persons from civil liability; exception; staffing hospital emergency facilities.
- Section 691.1502.amended Emergency care; exemption from civil liability; exception; staffing hospital emergency facilities.
- Section 691.1503 Administration of opioid antagonist; liability; definitions.
- Section 691.1504 Rendering of cardiopulmonary resuscitation; applicability of subsection (1) to civil actions; use of automated external defibrillator; applicability of subsections (3) and (4).
- Section 691.1505 Liability of block parent volunteer; definitions.
- Section 691.1507 Member of national ski patrol system rendering emergency care; liability for acts or omissions.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.