2014 Michigan Compiled Laws
Chapter 450 - CORPORATIONS
Act 162 of 1982 NONPROFIT CORPORATION ACT (450.2101 - 450.3192)
162-1982-4 CHAPTER 4 (450.2401...450.2493)
- Section 450.2401 Meetings of shareholders or members; location.
- Section 450.2402 Annual meeting of shareholders or members for election of directors and other business; failure to hold meeting at designated time or elect sufficient number of directors; adjournment of meeting; court order to hold meeting or election; quorum.
- Section 450.2403 Special meeting of shareholders or members; court order; quorum.
- Section 450.2404 Notice of time, place, and purposes of meeting of shareholders or members; manner; notice of adjourned meeting; notice not given; attendance at meeting as waiver of notice; participating and voting by remote communication.
- Section 450.2405 Shareholder or member participation in meeting by conference telephone or other means of remote communication; conditions; participation as presence in person at meeting; participating and voting by remote communication.
- Section 450.2406a Notice by electronic transmission.
- Section 450.2407 Taking corporate action without meeting; consent; notice; statement on filed certificate; consent by electronic transmission.
- Section 450.2411 Fixing record date for determination of shareholders or members entitled to notice and vote; effect of not fixing record date; applicability of determination to adjournment.
- Section 450.2413 Making and certifying list of shareholders or members entitled to vote at meeting or adjournment; requirements; noncompliance; adjournment of meeting; validity of action taken.
- Section 450.2415 Quorum; continuing to do business notwithstanding withdrawal of shareholders or members; adjournment of meeting; shareholders entitled to vote separately.
- Section 450.2421 Authorizing person to act for shareholder or member by proxy; signature; duration; revocability; methods of granting authority; use of facsimile or reproduction.
- Section 450.2422 Irrevocable proxy.
- Section 450.2423 Revocability of proxy.
- Section 450.2431 Inspectors at shareholders' or members' meeting; waiver; appointment and duties; failure to appoint; vacancy; report; evidence.
- Section 450.2441 Voting generally.
- Section 450.2442 Voting as class.
- Section 450.2443 Grouping of members in local units; basis; purpose; actions authorized by bylaws; incorporation and powers of local units; powers, rights, and privileges of elected representatives or delegates.
- Section 450.2444 Voting by corporation or business corporation; voting of pledged shares.
- Section 450.2445 Voting of shares or membership held by person in representative or fiduciary capacity or held jointly by fiduciaries.
- Section 450.2446 Voting of shares or membership held by joint tenants or tenants in common.
- Section 450.2447 Treasury shares; shares of corporation held by another corporation or business corporation; voting.
- Section 450.2448 Redemption of shares; voting.
- Section 450.2451 Voting for directors.
- Section 450.2455 Action requiring vote or concurrence of greater proportion of shares, members, or class than required by act; amendment of articles.
- Section 450.2461 Agreement as to voting rights.
- Section 450.2471 Shares as personal property; transfer; applicability of MCL 440.8101 to 440.8601.
- Section 450.2481 Issuing or delivering unissued or treasury shares; preemptive rights.
- Section 450.2485 Books, records, and minutes.
- Section 450.2487 Mailing balance sheet and statements to shareholder or member upon request; examination of minutes and records; compelling production of books, records, and minutes; extracts.
- Section 450.2491 Action by shareholder or member in right of corporation to procure judgment; allegations.
- Section 450.2492 Discontinuance, compromise, or settlement of action authorized by MCL 450.2491; approval; notice; expense; award and recovery.
- Section 450.2493 Action brought in right of corporation; awarding plaintiff or claimant reasonable expenses; accounting; applicability of section; requiring plaintiff to pay expenses where action brought without reasonable cause.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.