2014 Michigan Compiled Laws
Chapter 408 - LABOR
Act 154 of 1974 MICHIGAN OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY AND HEALTH ACT (408.1001 - 408.1094)***** 408.1035a.added THIS ADDED SECTION TAKES EFFECT WHEN ANY PROVISION OF SECTION 14 IS HELD TO BE UNCONSTITUTIONAL BY A COURT OF COMPETENT JURISDICTION, THE ALLOWABLE TIME FOR FILING AN APPEAL HAS EXPIRED OR THE APPELLANT HAS EXHAUSTED ALL AVENUES OF APPEAL, AND SECTION 35 IS REPEALED *****
***** 408.1035 THIS SECTION IS REPEALED IF SECTION 14, AS AMENDED BY ACT 105 OF 1991, IS HELD TO BE UNCONSTITUTIONAL BY A COURT OF COMPETENT JURISDICTION AND THE ALLOWABLE TIME FOR FILING AN APPEAL HAS EXPIRED OR THE APPELLANT HAS EXHAUSTED ALL AVENUES OF APPEAL *****
Section 408.1005 Definitions; E to I.
MICHIGAN OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY AND HEALTH ACT (EXCERPT)
Act 154 of 1974
408.1005 Definitions; E to I.
(1) "Employee" means a person permitted to work by an employer.
(2) "Employer" means an individual or organization, including the state or a political subdivision, which employs 1 or more persons.
(3) "Imminent danger" means a condition or practice in a place of employment which is such that a danger exists which could reasonably be expected to cause death or serious physical harm either immediately or before the imminence of the danger can be eliminated through the enforcement procedures otherwise provided. A container of an unknown and unlabeled chemical or a container of hazardous chemicals that is not labeled or for which a safety data sheet is not available as required by the standard incorporated by reference in section 14a shall be considered an imminent danger after meeting the provisions of section 31.
(4) "Inspection" means the examination or survey of a place of employment to detect the presence of an existing or potential occupational safety or health hazard or to determine compliance with this act, rules or standards promulgated, or orders issued pursuant to this act.
(5) "Investigation" means the detailed evaluation or study of working conditions, including equipment, processes, substances, air contaminants, or physical agents with respect to the actual or potential occurrence of occupational accidents, illnesses, or diseases.
History: 1974, Act 154, Eff. Jan. 1, 1975 ;-- Am. 1986, Act 80, Imd. Eff. Apr. 7, 1986 ;-- Am. 2012, Act 447, Imd. Eff. Dec. 27, 2012
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.