2014 Michigan Compiled Laws
Chapter 124 - MUNICIPALITIES
Act 204 of 1967 METROPOLITAN TRANSPORTATION AUTHORITIES ACT OF 1967 (124.401 - 124.426)
- Section 124.401 Metropolitan transportation authorities; short title.
- Section 124.402 Definitions.
- Section 124.403 Authorities; powers.
- Section 124.404 Regional transportation authorities; establishment; resolution of withdrawal; veto.
- Section 124.404a Repealed. 2012, Act 387, Imd. Eff. Dec. 19, 2012.
- Section 124.404b Repealed. 2012, Act 387, Imd. Eff. Dec. 19, 2012.
- Section 124.405 Southeastern Michigan transportation authority; establishment; resolution of withdrawal; veto; effect of withdrawal; cessation of operation or dissolution; state guaranteed payment of claims; lien of state; citizens planning and advisory councils.
- Section 124.405a Authority; dissolution; diminishment of powers.
- Section 124.405b Southeastern Michigan transportation authority; allocation and conveyance of assets and liabilities by board; comprehensive audit; approval of fund allocations.
- Section 124.406 Authorities; additional powers and duties.
- Section 124.407 Rates and charges; services; public service commission; jurisdiction; appeals; injunctions.
- Section 124.408 Repealed. 1988, Act 481, Imd. Eff. Dec. 28, 1988.
- Section 124.409 Authority exempt from motor carrier act, motor bus transportation act, and public service act.
- Section 124.410 Provisions applicable only to authorities other than southeastern Michigan transportation authority; provisions applicable only to southeastern Michigan transportation authority.
- Section 124.411 Governing boards; general manager; policies, annual audits.
- Section 124.412 Governing boards; general manager; appointment, powers, duties, term.
- Section 124.413 Governing boards; officers, employees, agents; appointment, classification, merit rating; collective bargaining; assumed wage, hour, and other benefit obligations; returning servicemen.
- Section 124.414 Taxation; methods of financing.
- Section 124.415 Annual operating and capital budget; review, approval; five-year capital program budgets, annual revision; financial audits; construction programs.
- Section 124.416 Bonds; contractual obligations; issuance and sale; advancing money or delivering property to authority; resolution authorizing execution of contract; petition; referendum; approval of certain bonds or notes; subway; notes not subject to revised municipal finance act.
- Section 124.416a Violation of MCL 168.1 to 168.992 applicable to petitions; penalties.
- Section 124.417 Competitive bids; procedure; written price quotations; procurement procedures; waiver; savings to be used for construction of bus shelter.
- Section 124.418 Concessions; award, procedure.
- Section 124.419 Transportation authority claims; notice, allowance, jurisdiction over actions against authority.
- Section 124.420 Assistance from political subdivisions and public and private agencies.
- Section 124.421 Liberal construction of act.
- Section 124.422 Tax exemption of property.
- Section 124.423 Annual public report and financial statement.
- Section 124.424 Acquisition of transportation operating facilities; negotiation; condemnation or arbitration, election; competition with common carriers.
- Section 124.425 Availability of records and other writings to public; conducting business at public meeting; notice of meeting.
- Section 124.426 Emergency financial manager.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.