2011 Michigan Compiled Laws
Chapter 566 — FRAUDULENT CONVEYANCES AND CONTRACTS
Act 434 of 1998 — UNIFORM FRAUDULENT TRANSFER ACT (566.31 - 566.43)
Section 566.36 — Completion of transfer; perfection.
UNIFORM FRAUDULENT TRANSFER ACT (EXCERPT)
Act 434 of 1998
566.36 Completion of transfer; perfection.
(1) A transfer is made under this act when 1 of the following occurs:
(a) With respect to an asset that is real property other than a fixture, but including the interest of a seller or purchaser under a contract for the sale of the asset, when the transfer is so far perfected that a good-faith purchaser of the asset from the debtor against whom applicable law permits the transfer to be perfected cannot acquire an interest in the asset that is superior to the interest of the transferee.
(b) With respect to an asset that is not real property or that is a fixture, when the transfer is so far perfected that a creditor on a simple contract cannot acquire a judicial lien otherwise than under this act that is superior to the interest of the transferee.
(2) If applicable law permits the transfer to be perfected as provided in subsection (1) and the transfer is not so perfected before the commencement of an action for relief under this act, the transfer is considered made immediately before the commencement of the action.
(3) If applicable law does not permit the transfer to be perfected as provided in subsection (1), the transfer is made when it becomes effective between the debtor and the transferee.
(4) A transfer is not made under this act until the debtor has acquired rights in the asset transferred.
(5) An obligation is incurred under this act if 1 of the following occurs:
(a) If oral, when it becomes effective between the parties.
(b) If evidenced by a writing, when the writing executed by the obligor is delivered to or for the benefit of the obligee.
History: 1998, Act 434, Imd. Eff. Dec. 30, 1998
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.