2010 Michigan Compiled Laws
PROBATE CODE OF 1939 (EXCERPT)
Chapters 701 - 713 - PROBATE CODE
Act 288 of 1939 - PROBATE CODE OF 1939 (701.1 - 713.6)
288-1939-XIIA - CHAPTER XIIA JURISDICTION, PROCEDURE, AND DISPOSITION INVOLVING MINORS (712A.1...712A.32)
Act 288 of 1939 Chapter XIIA
JURISDICTION, PROCEDURE, AND DISPOSITION INVOLVING MINORS
- Section 712A.1 - Definitions; proceedings not considered criminal proceedings; construction of chapter.
- Section 712A.2 - Authority and jurisdiction of court.
- Section 712A.2a - Continuing jurisdiction beyond maximum age; definitions.
- Section 712A.2b - Violation of vehicle code or corresponding ordinance; procedure.
- Section 712A.2c - Court order authorizing apprehension of juvenile; contents of order; interference with execution of order; penalty.
- Section 712A.2d - Juvenile to be tried as adult; designation by prosecuting attorney or court; factors; probable cause hearing; setting case for trial; proceedings as criminal proceedings; disposition or imposition of sentence; “specified juvenile violation” defined.
- Section 712A.2e - Waiver of jurisdiction over civil infractions; agreement.
- Section 712A.3 - Criminal charge against person under age 17; transfer of case to family division of circuit court.
- Section 712A.3a - Prior order of another court affecting child's welfare; notice, filing, service, disclosure.
- Section 712A.4 - Waiver of jurisdiction when child of 14 or older accused of felony.
- Section 712A.5 - Jurisdiction over juvenile after 18 years of age.
- Section 712A.6 - Jurisdiction; adults.
- Section 712A.6a - Hearing; attendance by parent or guardian required; exception; failure to attend.
- Section 712A.6b - Order affecting nonparent adult.
- Section 712A.7 - Juvenile division of probate court; register of probate; appointment, duties, salary.
- Section 712A.8 - County agent; creation of office; duties; assistants.
- Section 712A.9 - Probation officers; appointment, compensation, duties; notification to social welfare office.
- Section 712A.9a - Probation.
- Section 712A.10 - Designation of probation officer or county agent as referee; duties of referee.
- Section 712A.11 - Preliminary inquiry; petition; effect of juvenile attaining seventeenth birthday; fingerprints; amendment of petition or other court record; offer of court services.
- Section 712A.12 - Examination of child; hearing; summons.
- Section 712A.13 - Service of summons.
- Section 712A.13a - Definitions; petition; release of juvenile; order removing abusive person from home; placement of child; duty of court to inform parties; criminal record check and central registry clearance; family-like setting; parenting time; review and modification of orders and plans; release of information; information included with order; "abuse" defined.
- Section 712A.13b - Change in foster care placement.
- Section 712A.14 - Officers or county agent authorized to take child into custody; notice; detention facility; release of child; preliminary hearing; order; placement of child; foster care home services.
- Section 712A.15 - Detention of child pending hearing; release of child; petition; limitation on custody of child pending hearing; detention in secure facility, cell, or other secure area designed to incarcerate adults; exception.
- Section 712A.16 - Detention and care of juvenile.
- Section 712A.16a - Repealed. 1963, Act 214, Imd. Eff. May 17, 1963.
- Section 712A.17 - Hearing; informality; adjournment; transcript; jury; giving security for appearance of juvenile; appearance by prosecuting attorney; legal consultant or legal representation; admitting foster care review board member to hearing; closing hearing to members of general public; “juvenile witness” defined.
- Section 712A.17a - Hearings; record, tape recordings, transcription.
- Section 712A.17b - Definitions; proceedings to which section applicable; use of dolls or mannequins; support person; notice; videorecorded statement; shielding of witness; videorecorded deposition; special arrangements to protect welfare of witness; section additional to other protections or procedures.
- Section 712A.17c - Advising child or respondent of right to attorney; appointment of attorney; waiver; appointment of lawyer-guardian ad litem; costs; service until discharged by court; assistance to court.
- Section 712A.17d - Lawyer-guardian ad litem; powers and duties.
- Section 712A.18 - Orders of disposition; reimbursement; hearing; guidelines and model schedule; restitution; condition of probation; community service; fingerprints; report to state police; payment of assessment; registration of juvenile provided in MCL 28.721 to 28.732; release from placement in juvenile boot camp; alternative order of disposition; imposition of sentence in county jail facility; violation of personal protection order; costs; remission.
- Section 712A.18a - Placement or commitment of ward of the court to out-of-state institutions.
- Section 712A.18b - Reimbursement order; failure to comply, contempt of court; assignment of wages.
- Section 712A.18c - Retention of jurisdiction of child committed under MCL 712A.18(1)(e); effective date of subsection (2); annual review; release of child.
- Section 712A.18d - Juvenile committed under MCL 712A.18(1)(e); review hearing; burden of proof; determination; notice; legal counsel; costs; commitment reports; section nonapplicable to juvenile convicted of crime under chapter.
- Section 712A.18e - Application for entry of order setting aside adjudication; filing; contents; submitting copy of application and fingerprints; comparing fingerprints; report; fee; serving copy of application on attorney general and prosecuting attorney; contesting application; notice to victim; definitions; hearing; affidavits; proofs; entry of order; setting aside adjudication as privilege and conditional; violation of MCL 750.413; effect of entering order; sending copy of order to arresting agency and department of state police; nonpublic record of order and record; availability of nonpublic record; fee; exemption from disclosure; divulging, using, or publishing information as misdemeanor.
- Section 712A.18f - Report; preparation and contents of case service plan; order of disposition; updating and revising case service plan; rules; review by child's physician in case of abuse and neglect.
- Section 712A.18g - Commitment under MCL 712A.18(1)(e).
- Section 712A.18h - Commitment to department of corrections prohibited; exception.
- Section 712A.18i - Delay in sentencing.
- Section 712A.18j - Escape by juvenile from facility or residence; notification; “escape” defined.
- Section 712A.18k - DNA identification profiling; providing samples for chemical testing; disclosure; definitions.
- Section 712A.18 - Evaluation of juvenile for psychiatric or psychological treatment; court order.
- Section 712A.18m - Payment of costs; minimum amounts; disposition; definitions.
- Section 712A.19 - Termination of cause; supplemental order of disposition; review hearing; notice of review hearing; factors to be reviewed; modification of plan; determination as to placement; order; determination as to review; issuance of order without hearing; access to agency report; agency report and other information as evidence; concurrent efforts to reunify child with family.
- Section 712A.19a - Permanency planning hearing; conditions; time limitation; reunion of child and family not required; purpose; obtaining child's views regarding permanency plan; consideration of out-of-state placement; notice; statement; return of child to parent; noncompliance with case service plan; other conditions as evidence; termination of parental rights to child; exceptions; alternative placement plans; powers and appointment of guardian; information considered as evidence; revocation of guardianship.
- Section 712A.19b - Termination of parental rights to child; petition; hearing; record; findings; order; notice; “concerned person” defined.
- Section 712A.19c - Review hearing of child's placement after termination of parental rights; appointment of guardian; applicability of section.
- Section 712A.20 - Temporary or permanent custody.
- Section 712A.21 - Petition for rehearing; affirming, modifying, or setting aside order; conduct of rehearing; order for supplemental disposition; applicability of section to criminal proceeding; “interested person” construed.
- Section 712A.22 - Annual report.
- Section 712A.23 - Use of evidence against juvenile.
- Section 712A.24 - Placement in institutions; summary of information; conveyance of child; progress report.
- Section 712A.25 - Payment of expenses.
- Section 712A.26 - Contempt of court; punishment.
- Section 712A.27 - Quarters, equipment and supplies for use of juvenile division.
- Section 712A.28 - Case records; opening records; order in respect to payments by parent; copy; publicizing action taken against parents or adult; administration of court; reports; form; copies; definitions.
- Section 712A.29 - Allocation and application of money collected; “victim payment” defined.
- Section 712A.30 - “Offense” and “victim” defined; order of restitution.
- Section 712A.31 - Determining amount of restitution; factors in disposition report; disclosure of matters described in subsection (1); burden of demonstrating amount or type of restitution.
- Section 712A.32 - Order to appear for identification; notice of right to attorney; appointment of attorney.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.