2010 Michigan Compiled Laws
THE STATE CORRECTIONAL FACILITY REIMBURSEMENT ACT
Chapter 800 - PRISONS
Act 253 of 1935 - THE STATE CORRECTIONAL FACILITY REIMBURSEMENT ACT (800.401 - 800.407)
Act 253 of 1935
AN ACT to provide procedures for securing reimbursement to the state of the expenses incurred by the state for the cost of care of certain prisoners in state correctional facilities; to provide procedures for securing the reimbursement of expenses to be incurred by the state in regard to the future cost of care of such prisoners; and to prescribe certain powers and duties of certain state and local public officers and officials.
History: 1935, Act 253, Imd. Eff. June 8, 1935 ;-- Am. 1984, Act 282, Imd. Eff. Dec. 20, 1984
Constitutionality: The Prison Reimbursement Act was intended to apply to all inmates of the state penal system and was not limited to the inmates of the three penal institutions named in the act and in existence at the time of its passage; nor is the act violative of the constitutional guarantee of equal protection. State Treasurer v Wilson, 423 Mich 138; 347 NW2d 770 (1985).
- Section 800.401 - Short title.
- Section 800.401a - Definitions.
- Section 800.401b - Assets of prisoners; form.
- Section 800.402 - Forwarding information to attorney general.
- Section 800.403 - Investigation by attorney general; securing reimbursement for cost of care; limitation.
- Section 800.403a - Cooperation of prisoner.
- Section 800.404 - Exclusive jurisdiction of circuit court; complaint; order to show cause; hearing; order requiring reimbursement; amount; obligation of defendant to support dependents; neglect or refusal to comply with order; contempt; liability of assets; time limitations.
- Section 800.404a - Remedy, interim order, or enforcement procedure; receiver; execution against homestead prohibited.
- Section 800.404b - Enforcement of act; investigation or assistance of prosecuting attorney; prisoners in work camps.
- Section 800.405 - Information and assistance.
- Section 800.406 - Disposition of reimbursements; determination of amount due; statements.
- Section 800.407 - Repealed. 1984, Act 282, Imd. Eff. Dec. 20, 1984.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.