2010 Michigan Compiled Laws
CORRECTIONAL INDUSTRIES ACT
Chapter 800 - PRISONS
Act 15 of 1968 - CORRECTIONAL INDUSTRIES ACT (800.321 - 800.335)
Act 15 of 1968
AN ACT to provide for the employment of inmate labor in the correctional institutions of this state; to provide for the employment of inmate labor in certain private enterprises under certain conditions; to provide for certain powers and duties of the department of corrections, the governor, and other officers and agencies in relation to correctional institutions; to provide for the requisitioning and disbursement of correctional industries products; to provide for the disposition of the proceeds of correctional industries and farms; to provide for purchasing and accounting procedures; to regulate the sale or disposition of inmate labor and products; to provide for the requisitioning, purchases, and supply of correctional industries products; to provide penalties for violations of this act; and to repeal acts and parts of acts.
History: 1968, Act 15, Imd. Eff. Apr. 5, 1968 ;-- Am. 1980, Act 245, Eff. Oct. 1, 1980 ;-- Am. 1990, Act 24, Imd. Eff. Mar. 7, 1990 ;-- Am. 1996, Act 537, Imd. Eff. Jan. 13, 1997
- Section 800.321 - Correctional industries act; short title.
- Section 800.322 - “Correctional industries products” and “youth correctional facility” defined.
- Section 800.323 - Commission of corrections; authority and duties.
- Section 800.324 - Commission of corrections; powers.
- Section 800.325 - Correctional industries revolving fund; crediting money collected from inmate labor; expenditures.
- Section 800.326 - Sale, exchange, or purchase of correctional industries products; availability of agricultural products to nonprofit charitable organizations or family independence agency; use of inmate labor.
- Section 800.327 - Employment of inmates; types of employment.
- Section 800.327a - Assignment of inmates to work in private manufacturing or service enterprise.
- Section 800.328 - Correctional industries products; duties of director of department of management and budget.
- Section 800.329 - Purchase and sale of similar finished goods, materials, or equipment.
- Section 800.330 - Correctional institution maintained by political subdivision; sale or disposal of products; MCL 800.328 and 800.329 inapplicable.
- Section 800.331 - Intent of act; correctional industries as total self-supporting system; methods of purchasing and accounting.
- Section 800.332 - Schedule of payments or allowances to inmates or dependents.
- Section 800.333 - Violation of act by public officer; penalty.
- Section 800.334 - Violation of act; misdemeanor.
- Section 800.335 - Repealed. 1980, Act 245, Eff. Oct. 1, 1980.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.