2010 Michigan Compiled Laws
COMMUNITY CORRECTIONS ACT
Chapter 791 - DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS
Act 511 of 1988 - COMMUNITY CORRECTIONS ACT (791.401 - 791.414)
Act 511 of 1988
AN ACT to provide for the funding of community-based corrections programs through local governmental subdivisions or certain nonprofit agencies; to prescribe the powers and duties of certain state officers and agencies; to provide for community corrections advisory boards and prescribe their powers and duties; to create an office of community alternatives and a state community corrections board within the department of corrections and prescribe their powers and duties; and to provide for the promulgation of rules.
History: 1988, Act 511, Imd. Eff. Dec. 29, 1988
- Section 791.401 - Short title.
- Section 791.402 - Definitions.
- Section 791.403 - Office of community alternatives; creation; office as autonomous entity; composition; appointment and duties of executive director; state community corrections board; creation; function; appointment, qualifications, and terms of members; vacancy; expenses; chairperson.
- Section 791.404 - Duties of state board.
- Section 791.405 - Duties of office.
- Section 791.406 - Application for funding and other assistance; county advisory board; regional advisory board; city-county advisory board; city advisory board.
- Section 791.407 - Membership of boards.
- Section 791.408 - Comprehensive corrections plan.
- Section 791.409 - Jurisdiction of sentencing court.
- Section 791.410 - Nonprofit service agency; application for direct state funding; notice; appointment or creation of advisory board; contract with nonprofit service agency; limitation on direct funding.
- Section 791.411 - Authorized payments for community corrections programs; funding for administration; current spending not to be supplanted.
- Section 791.412 - Annual report; biannual report.
- Section 791.413 - Transfer of records, property, personnel, and unexpended balances of appropriations and other resources.
- Section 791.414 - Rules.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.