2010 Michigan Compiled Laws
THE MICHIGAN PENAL CODE (EXCERPT)
Chapter 750 - MICHIGAN PENAL CODE
Act 328 of 1931 - THE MICHIGAN PENAL CODE (750.1 - 750.568)
328-1931-XXXVII - CHAPTER XXXVII FIREARMS (750.222...750.239a)
Act 328 of 1931 Chapter XXXVII
- Section 750.222 - Definitions.
- Section 750.222a - “Double-edged, nonfolding stabbing instrument” defined.
- Section 750.223 - Selling firearms and ammunition; violations; penalties; “licensed dealer” defined.
- Section 750.224 - Weapons; manufacture, sale, or possession as felony; violation as felony; penalty; exceptions; "muffler" or "silencer" defined.
- Section 750.224a - Portable device or weapon directing electrical current, impulse, wave, or beam; sale or possession prohibited; exceptions; use of electro-muscular disruption technology; violation; penalty; definitions.
- Section 750.224b - Short-barreled shotgun or rifle; manufacture, sale, or possession as felony; penalty; exceptions; applicability to collector's item.
- Section 750.224c - Armor piercing ammunition; manufacture, distribution, sale, or use prohibited; exceptions; violation as felony; penalty; definitions; exemption of projectile or projectile core; rule.
- Section 750.224d - Self-defense spray or foam device.
- Section 750.224e - Conversion of semiautomatic firearm to fully automatic firearm; prohibited acts; penalty; applicability; “fully automatic firearm”, “licensed collector”, and “semiautomatic firearm” defined.
- Section 750.224f - Possession of firearm by person convicted of felony; circumstances; penalty; applicability of section to expunged or set aside conviction; “felony” and “specified felony” defined.
- Section 750.225 - Repealed. 1993, Act 254, Imd. Eff. Nov. 29, 1993.
- Section 750.226 - Firearm or dangerous weapon; carrying with unlawful intent.
- Section 750.226a - Pocket knife opened by mechanical device; unlawful sale or possession; persons exempted.
- Section 750.227 - Concealed weapons; carrying; penalty.
- Section 750.227a - Pistols; unlawful possession by licensee.
- Section 750.227b - Carrying or possessing firearm when committing or attempting to commit felony; “law enforcement officer” defined.
- Section 750.227c - Transporting or possessing loaded firearm in or upon vehicle; violation as misdemeanor; penalty; applicability to person violating MCL 312.10(1)(g).
- Section 750.227d - Transporting or possessing firearm in or upon motor vehicle or self-propelled vehicle designed for land travel; conditions; violation as misdemeanor; penalty.
- Section 750.227f - Committing or attempting to commit crime involving violent act or threat of violent act against another person while wearing body armor as felony; penalty; consecutive term of imprisonment; exception; definitions.
- Section 750.227g - Body armor; purchase, ownership, possession, or use by convicted felon; prohibition; issuance of written permission; violation as felony; definitions.
- Section 750.228 - Repealed. 2008, Act 196, Eff. Jan. 7, 2009.
- Section 750.229 - Pistols accepted in pawn, by second-hand dealer or junk dealer.
- Section 750.230 - Firearms; altering, removing, or obliterating marks of identity; presumption.
- Section 750.231 - MCL 750.224, 750.224a, 750.224b, 750.224d, 750.226a, 750.227, 750.227c, and 750.227d inapplicable to certain persons and organizations.
- Section 750.231a - Exceptions to MCL 750.227(2); definitions.
- Section 750.231b - Sale and safety inspection; persons exempt.
- Section 750.231c - “Aircraft,” “approved signaling device,” and “vessel” defined; sections inapplicable to approved signaling device; sale, purchase, possession, or use of approved signaling device; violation as misdemeanor; penalties.
- Section 750.232 - Purchasers of firearms; registration.
- Section 750.232a - Obtaining pistol in violation of MCL 28.422; intentionally making material false statement on application for license to purchase pistol; using or attempting to use false identification or identification of another person to purchase firearm; penalties.
- Section 750.233 - Pointing or aiming firearm at another person; misdemeanor; penalty; exception; "peace officer defined."
- Section 750.234 - Firearm; discharge; intentionally aimed without malice; misdemeanor; penalty; exception; "peace officer" defined.
- Section 750.234a - Intentionally discharging firearm from motor vehicle, snowmobile, or off-road vehicle in manner that endangers safety of another individual as felony; penalty; exception; "peace officer" defined; self-defense.
- Section 750.234b - Intentionally discharging firearm at dwelling or occupied structure as felony; penalty; exceptions; definitions.
- Section 750.234c - Intentionally discharging firearm at emergency or law enforcement vehicle as felony; penalty; “emergency or law enforcement vehicle” defined.
- Section 750.234d - Possession of firearm on certain premises prohibited; applicability; violation as misdemeanor; penalty.
- Section 750.234e - Brandishing firearm in public; applicability; violation as misdemeanor; penalty.
- Section 750.234f - Possession of firearm by person less than 18 years of age; exceptions; violation as misdemeanor; penalty.
- Section 750.235 - Maiming or injuring person by discharging firearm; intentionally aimed without malice; exception; "peace officer" defined.
- Section 750.235a - Parent of minor guilty of misdemeanor; conditions; penalty; defense; definitions.
- Section 750.236 - Spring gun, trap or device; setting.
- Section 750.236a - Computer-assisted shooting; prohibited acts; definitions.
- Section 750.236b - Computer-assisted shooting; prohibited conduct; definitions.
- Section 750.236c - Violation of MCL 750.236a or 750.236b; penalty; forfeiture.
- Section 750.237 - Liquor or controlled substance; possession or use of firearm by person under influence; violation; penalty; chemical analysis.
- Section 750.237a - Individuals engaging in proscribed conduct; violation; penalties; definitions.
- Section 750.238 - Search warrant.
- Section 750.239 - Forfeiture of weapons.
- Section 750.239a - Disposition of seized weapon.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.