2010 Michigan Compiled Laws
THE MICHIGAN PENAL CODE (EXCERPT)
Chapter 750 - MICHIGAN PENAL CODE
Act 328 of 1931 - THE MICHIGAN PENAL CODE (750.1 - 750.568)
328-1931-XXVA - CHAPTER XXVA CRIMINAL ENTERPRISES (750.159f...750.159x)
Act 328 of 1931 Chapter XXVA
- Section 750.159f - Definitions generally.
- Section 750.159g - “Racketeering” defined.
- Section 750.159h - “Records” or “documenting materials” and “substituted proceeds” defined.
- Section 750.159i - Prohibited conduct.
- Section 750.159j - Violation as felony; penalties; imposition of costs; order to criminally forfeit property; additional authority of court; conditions for entering order of criminal forfeiture; attorney fees; determination of extent of property; property not reachable; retention of property by law enforcement agency; disposition of money seized; seizure; other criminal or civil remedies not precluded.
- Section 750.159k - Order of criminal forfeiture; notice; hearing to determine validity of claim of property interest; petition; consolidation of hearings; testimony and evidence; amendment of order.
- Section 750.159 - Jurisdiction of court; notification of persons with property interest.
- Section 750.159m - Property subject to civil in rem forfeiture; exceptions; encumbrances; attorney fees.
- Section 750.159n - Seizure of property subject to civil in rem forfeiture; petition; filing; personal or intangible property; determination by court; seizure without process; circumstances; lien notice against real property; notice and hearing required; return of property to crime victim; exceptions; custody of property by seizing agency.
- Section 750.159o - Notice requirements.
- Section 750.159p - Verified claim stating interest in property or proceeds.
- Section 750.159q - Burden of proof; evidence; return or disposal of property; notice; estoppel from denial of allegations in civil trial; admissibility of testimony.
- Section 750.159r - Sale of seized property by unit of government; disposal of received money; order of priority; appointment, compensation, and duties of receiver.
- Section 750.159s - Commencement of action.
- Section 750.159t - Seizure of constitutionally protected materials.
- Section 750.159u - Civil cause of action not created by chapter.
- Section 750.159v - Forfeiture proceeding under other law not precluded.
- Section 750.159w - Activities unrelated to prohibited activities of enterprise.
- Section 750.159x - Notice of proposed investigation to attorney general.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.