2010 Michigan Compiled Laws
THE MICHIGAN PENAL CODE (EXCERPT)
Chapter 750 - MICHIGAN PENAL CODE
Act 328 of 1931 - THE MICHIGAN PENAL CODE (750.1 - 750.568)
328-1931-XLIII - CHAPTER XLIII FRAUDS AND CHEATS (750.271...750.300a)
Act 328 of 1931 Chapter XLIII
FRAUDS AND CHEATS
- Section 750.271 - Domestic corporations; securities, fraudulent issue and sale.
- Section 750.272 - Foreign corporations; stock, fraudulently issued, sale.
- Section 750.273 - Signature; fraudulently obtaining.
- Section 750.274 - Note; fraudulent signature; knowingly purchasing, collection.
- Section 750.275 - Warranty deed or similar words; use.
- Section 750.276 - Promise to vendee of grain to sell at fictitious price; signature to note.
- Section 750.277 - Promise to vendee of grain to sell at fictitious price; sale and transfer.
- Section 750.278 - Fraudulent warehouse receipts; executing and delivering.
- Section 750.279 - Personal property; fraudulent disposition.
- Section 750.280 - Gross frauds and cheats at common law.
- Section 750.281 - Repealed. 1996, Act 212, Imd. Eff. May 28, 1996.
- Section 750.282 - Offenses against water, steam, electric, or gas companies, or propane gas dealers or distributors, and boards or municipalities owning or operating plants; misdemeanor; felony; civil action not impaired by criminal prosecution; presumption; prima facie evidence of violation.
- Section 750.282a.added - Sale or transfer of electric or natural gas product or service illegally obtained; violation as felony; penalty; definitions.
- Section 750.283 - Fruits and vegetables sold in closed package; fraud prevention.
- Section 750.284 - Genuine article; selling goods other than; marking.
- Section 750.285 - Repealed. 2004, Act 452, Eff. Mar. 1, 2005.
- Section 750.286 - Repealed. 1964, Act 256, Eff. Aug. 28, 1964.
- Section 750.287 - Sterling or sterling silver marked articles; fraud in sale.
- Section 750.288 - Coin or coin silver; fraud in sale of articles marked.
- Section 750.289 - Common carrier; false billing of goods.
- Section 750.290 - Imitation leather; boots and shoes.
- Section 750.291 - Boarding house keepers; defrauding.
- Section 750.292 - Hotel, motel, inn, restaurant, cafe; defrauding; limitation on proceedings.
- Section 750.293 - Hotel, motel, inn, restaurant, cafe; prima facie evidence.
- Section 750.294 - Animals; fraudulent registration as pure-bred.
- Section 750.295 - Milk and butter fat production; fraudulent practices.
- Section 750.296 - Repealed. 1984, Act 262, Imd. Eff. Dec. 14, 1984.
- Section 750.297-750.297d - Repealed. 1966, Act 78, Imd. Eff. June 10, 1966.
- Section 750.297e - Kosher food products; definition; sale; false representation; prohibited acts; evidence of fraud; inspection and supervision of sale of meat; rules; violation as misdemeanor.
- Section 750.297f - “Halal” defined; prohibited acts; violation as misdemeanor; presumption; additional prohibited acts; investigation and inspection by department of agriculture; rules.
- Section 750.298 - Medicine; practicing under false or assumed name.
- Section 750.298a - Representation of service as under supervision of physician; product or appliance approved by medical profession.
- Section 750.299 - Agricultural seeds; false statement.
- Section 750.300 - Insurance company; killing or injuring animals to defraud.
- Section 750.300a - Food stamps or coupons; conduct as crime; course of conduct as one offense; determination of degree; definitions.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.