2010 Michigan Compiled Laws
THE MICHIGAN PENAL CODE (EXCERPT)
Chapter 750 - MICHIGAN PENAL CODE
Act 328 of 1931 - THE MICHIGAN PENAL CODE (750.1 - 750.568)
328-1931-LXXXII - CHAPTER LXXXII TELEGRAPH AND TELEPHONE (750.539...750.540h)
Act 328 of 1931 Chapter LXXXII
TELEGRAPH AND TELEPHONE
- Section 750.539 - Divulging contents of messages.
- Section 750.539a - Definitions.
- Section 750.539b - Trespassing for purpose of eavesdropping or surveillance.
- Section 750.539c - Eavesdropping upon private conversation.
- Section 750.539d - Installation, placement, or use of device for observing, recording, transmitting, photographing or eavesdropping in private place.
- Section 750.539e - Use or divulgence of information unlawfully obtained.
- Section 750.539f - Unlawful manufacture, possession or transfer of eavesdropping devices.
- Section 750.539g - Exceptions.
- Section 750.539h - Civil remedies.
- Section 750.539i - Proof of installation of device as prima facie evidence of violation.
- Section 750.539j - Surveillance of or distribution, dissemination, or transmission of recording, photograph, or visual image of individual having reasonable expectation of privacy; prohibited conduct; violation as felony; penalty; exceptions; “surveil” defined.
- Section 750.539k - Personal identifying information; prohibited conduct; exception; violation as misdemeanor; penalty; definitions.
- Section 750.539l - Tracking device; placement or installment on motor vehicle without consent; violation as misdemeanor; penalty; exemptions; inapplicability of subsection (2)(j); liability for damages; definitions.
- Section 750.540 - Use of electronic medium of communication; prohibited conduct; violation as felony; penalty; definitions.
- Section 750.540a - Party line, emergency, defined; refusal to yield or surrender use of line; pretext; penalty.
- Section 750.540b - Notice contained in telephone directory, printing; exception.
- Section 750.540c - Prohibited conduct with regard to telecommunications access device; “materials” defined; violation as felony; penalty; amateur radio service; forfeiture; order; definitions.
- Section 750.540d - Seizure of devices, plans, instructions, or materials.
- Section 750.540e - Malicious use of service provided by telecommunications service provider.
- Section 750.540f - Telecommunications access device; use in violation of MCL 750.219a; misdemeanor; violation of subsection (1) and previous conviction as felony; prior conviction; definitions.
- Section 750.540g - Telecommunications service; unauthorized use by officer, shareholder, partner, employee, agent, or independent contractor; use in separate incidents pursuant to scheme or course of conduct; enhanced sentence based on prior convictions.
- Section 750.540h - Intent to permit or obtain unauthorized receipt of telecommunications service.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.