2010 Michigan Compiled Laws
YOUTH TOBACCO ACT
Chapter 722 - CHILDREN
Act 31 of 1915 - YOUTH TOBACCO ACT (722.641 - 722.645)
Act 31 of 1915
AN ACT to prohibit the selling, giving, or furnishing of tobacco products to minors; to prohibit the purchase, possession, or use of tobacco products by minors; to regulate the retail sale of tobacco products; to prescribe penalties; and to prescribe the powers and duties of certain state agencies and departments.
History: 1915, Act 31, Eff. Aug. 24, 1915 ;-- Am. 1988, Act 314, Eff. Mar. 30, 1989 ;-- Am. 1992, Act 272, Imd. Eff. Dec. 16, 1992 ;-- Am. 2006, Act 236, Eff. Sept. 1, 2006
- Section 722.641 - Selling, giving, or furnishing tobacco products to minor prohibited; misdemeanor; penalty; sign required; copies of sign; affirmative defense; notice; rebuttal testimony; notice of rebuttal; exception.
- Section 722.642 - Prohibited conduct by minor; violation as misdemeanor; penalty; participation in health promotion and risk reduction assessment program; costs; community service; exceptions; other violations.
- Section 722.642a - Selling cigarette separately prohibited; exception; violation as misdemeanor; penalty.
- Section 722.643 - Noninterference with right of parent or guardian.
- Section 722.644 - Definitions.
- Section 722.645 - Short title.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.