2010 Michigan Compiled Laws
THE PARENTAL RIGHTS RESTORATION ACT
Chapter 722 - CHILDREN
Act 211 of 1990 - THE PARENTAL RIGHTS RESTORATION ACT (722.901 - 722.909)
Act 211 of 1990
An initiation of Legislation to require parental consent for abortions performed on unemancipated minors and to provide a judicial alternative to parental consent; to provide for certain rights, powers, and duties of departments, individuals, and courts; and to prescribe penalties.
History: 1990, Act 211, Eff. Mar. 28, 1991 ;-- Am. 1991, Act 80, Imd. Eff. July 18, 1991
Compiler's Notes: This new act was proposed by initiative petition pursuant to Const 1963, art 2, § 9. On September 12, 1990, the initiative petition was approved by an affirmative vote of the majority of the Senators elect and filed with the Secretary of State. On September 12, 1990, the initiative petition was approved by an affirmative vote of the majority of the Members elect of the House of Representatives and filed with the Secretary of State. The Legislature did not vote pursuant to Const 1963, art 4, § 27, to give immediate effect to this enactment.
- Section 722.901 - Short title.
- Section 722.902 - Definitions.
- Section 722.903 - Consent to abortion on minor; petition for waiver of parental consent.
- Section 722.904 - Jurisdiction of probate court; confidential and expeditious proceedings; granting waiver of parental consent; reporting suspected child abuse; duties of probate court on disclosure of sexual abuse; “child abuse” and “sexual abuse” defined.
- Section 722.905 - Medical emergency abortion.
- Section 722.906 - Residency of minor.
- Section 722.907 - Violation as misdemeanor; failure to obtain parental consent or copy of waiver as evidence in civil action; exemplary damages.
- Section 722.908 - Right to abortion not created; prohibited conduct.
- Section 722.909 - Repealed. 1991, Act 80, Imd. Eff. July 18, 1991.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.