2010 Michigan Compiled Laws
FOSTER CARE AND ADOPTION SERVICES ACT
Chapter 722 - CHILDREN
Act 203 of 1994 - FOSTER CARE AND ADOPTION SERVICES ACT (722.951 - 722.960)
Act 203 of 1994
AN ACT to establish certain standards for foster care and adoption services for children and their families; and to prescribe powers and duties of certain state agencies and departments and adoption facilitators.
History: 1994, Act 203, Eff. Jan. 1, 1995
- Section 722.951 - Short title.
- Section 722.952 - Definitions.
- Section 722.953 - Purpose of act.
- Section 722.954 - Licensure as foster parent; orientation as condition to certification; written information to be provided foster parents before placement; confidentiality.
- Section 722.954a - Placement of child in supervising agency's care; determination of placement with relative; documentation of decision; review hearing.
- Section 722.954b - Permanent placement; 12-month goal; inclusion in directory of children; in-home visits.
- Section 722.954c - Release of child's medical records; medical passport; contents; transfer; performance of assessment or psychological evaluation; medical examination.
- Section 722.954d - Annual report card.
- Section 722.955 - Registration of attorney with children's ombudsman; filing of compliance; reregistration; request for removal.
- Section 722.956 - Adoption facilitator; duties; cost.
- Section 722.957 - Adoption facilitator; placement based on age, race, religious affiliation, disability, or income level; participation of parent or guardian in selection of adoptive parent.
- Section 722.958 - Rules; training; directory of children available for adoption; registry of adoptive homes; fee for maintaining directory information; foster parent resource centers; pilot project; report.
- Section 722.959 - Effective date.
- Section 722.960 - Conditional effective date.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.