2010 Michigan Compiled Laws
SURROGATE PARENTING ACT
Chapter 722 - CHILDREN
Act 199 of 1988 - SURROGATE PARENTING ACT (722.851 - 722.863)
Act 199 of 1988
AN ACT to establish surrogate parentage contracts as contrary to public policy and void; to prohibit surrogate parentage contracts for compensation; to provide for children conceived, gestated, and born pursuant to a surrogate parentage contract; and to provide for penalties and remedies.
History: 1988, Act 199, Eff. Sept. 1, 1988
- Section 722.851 - Short title.
- Section 722.853 - Definitions.
- Section 722.855 - Surrogate parentage contract as void and unenforceable.
- Section 722.857 - Surrogate parentage contract prohibited; surrogate parentage contract as felony; penalty.
- Section 722.859 - Surrogate parentage contract for compensation prohibited; surrogate parentage contract for compensation as misdemeanor or felony; penalty.
- Section 722.861 - Custody of child.
- Section 722.863 - Effective date.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.