2010 Michigan Compiled Laws
CHILD CARE ORGANIZATIONS
Chapter 722 - CHILDREN
Act 116 of 1973 - CHILD CARE ORGANIZATIONS (722.111 - 722.128)
Act 116 of 1973
AN ACT to provide for the protection of children through the licensing and regulation of child care organizations; to provide for the establishment of standards of care for child care organizations; to prescribe powers and duties of certain departments of this state and adoption facilitators; to provide penalties; and to repeal acts and parts of acts.
History: 1973, Act 116, Eff. Mar. 29, 1974 ;-- Am. 1994, Act 209, Eff. Jan. 1, 1995 ;-- Am. 1997, Act 165, Eff. Mar. 31, 1998
Popular Name: Act 116
Popular Name: Child Care Licensing Act
- Section 722.111 - Definitions; exemption from inspections and on-site visits.
- Section 722.111a - Concurrent licensing as adult foster care family home; additional children; combined licensed capacity; definitions.
- Section 722.112 - Rules; ad hoc committee; review.
- Section 722.112a - Child caring institution, child care center, or group child care home; person certified in first aid and CPR; applicability of MCL 722.125.
- Section 722.112b - Definitions; scope.
- Section 722.112c - Personal restraint and seclusion; use in child caring institution contracting with community mental health services program or prepaid inpatient health plan; education, training, and knowledge.
- Section 722.112d - Personal restraint or seclusion; use; limitations; requirements.
- Section 722.112e - Personal restraint or seclusion; release; documentation; record; notification; debriefing; report of serious occurrence; annual report.
- Section 722.113 - Inspection of child care organizations; contract; provisional license; investigation and certification of foster family home or group home; inspection reports; final determination as to license; report of findings; license limitations.
- Section 722.113a - Visiting child at child care center or day care center; effect of court order.
- Section 722.113b - Smoking prohibited; "smoke" defined.
- Section 722.113c - Smoking on premises of family child care home during hours of operation prohibited; notice to parents of smoking during other hours; definitions.
- Section 722.113d - Smoking on premises of group child care home during hours of operation prohibited; posting notice; notice to parents of smoking during other hours.
- Section 722.113e - Criminal history check required; posting notice; rules.
- Section 722.113f - Child care organization receiving notice of special investigation classified as high risk; notification to parent or legal guardian; requirements; noncompliance; determination of substantial rule violations; availability of information to public; exceptions; "special investigation" defined.
- Section 722.113g - Licensing notebook.
- Section 722.114 - Consultation and assistance to organizations.
- Section 722.115 - License or certificate of registration required; application; forms; investigations; on-site visit; issuance or renewal of license; issuance of certificate of registration; certifying compliance, services, and facilities; conditions; orientation session; limitations on certificate; investigation and certification of foster family home or group home; placement of children in foster family home, family group home, unlicensed residence, adult foster care family home, or adult foster care small group home; certification; supervisory responsibility; records; exceptions; receipt of completed application; issuance of license within certain period of time; inspections; report; criminal history check or criminal records check; definitions.
- Section 722.115a - Providing records to children's ombudsman.
- Section 722.115b - Contract with license applicant; review of application; issuance or denial of license; county juvenile agency as party to proceeding.
- Section 722.115c - Applicant for child care center or day care center license; criminal history check and criminal records check; requirements; fee; definitions.
- Section 722.115d - Offer of employment to person at child care center or day care center; criminal history check and criminal records check; current employees; cost.
- Section 722.115e - Arraignment of licensee or employee; report; crimes; licensee or employee not convicted of crime; deletion of information from records; notice requirements.
- Section 722.115f - Operation of family or group child care home; conduct of criminal history check and criminal records check by department of state police; fee; arraignment of registrant or licensee for certain crimes; report required; violation; penalty; deletion of arraignment information from records; notice; criminal history check and criminal records check on current licensees and registrants; exception.
- Section 722.115g - Performance of criminal history check.
- Section 722.115h - Application for or to renew license to operate foster family home or foster family group home; criminal history check required; procedures.
- Section 722.115i - Licensee or resident arraigned for certain crimes; report; violation; penalty; person not convicted; notice.
- Section 722.115j - Criminal history check performed by department.
- Section 722.115k - Storage and maintenance of fingerprints; automated fingerprint identification system database.
- Section 722.115 - Intentional false report as crime; penalties.
- Section 722.116 - Evaluation of local and state government child care organizations; report; state funds.
- Section 722.117 - Provisional license.
- Section 722.118 - Regular license; duration; reinstatement; contents.
- Section 722.118a - Assessment of foster family home or group home; certification; on-site evaluation.
- Section 722.118b - Regulation of foster family homes or foster family group homes; variance.
- Section 722.119 - Child care center, child caring institution, or child placing agency; presence of staff member prohibited; conditions; unsupervised contact by volunteer prohibited; conditions; documentation that staff member or volunteer not named in central registry; policy regarding supervision of volunteers.
- Section 722.119a - Certificate of registration; duration; renewal; contents; assessing compliance; on-site visits.
- Section 722.120 - Investigation and examination of conditions, books, records, and reports; visits regarding health or fire protection; records; report; forms; confidentiality; disclosure of information; availability of confidential records.
- Section 722.120a - Contribution.
- Section 722.121 - Denial, revocation, or refusal to renew license or certificate of registration; modifying provisional status of license; grounds; notice; appeal; hearing; decision; protest; denial of license for noncompliance; complaint by legislative body of city, village, or township; procedure; previous revocation of license or certificate of registration.
- Section 722.121a - Notice of location of new and existing licensed child caring institutions or foster family group homes.
- Section 722.121b - Database on child care options.
- Section 722.122 - Appeal.
- Section 722.123 - Injunction.
- Section 722.124 - Persons authorized to place child.
- Section 722.124a - Consent to medical and surgical treatment of minor child; "routine, nonsurgical medical care" defined.
- Section 722.124b - Definitions used in MCL 722.124b, 722.124c, and 722.124d.
- Section 722.124c - Filing of public information form by primary adoption facilitator; contents; authentication; applicability of section to certain adoptions.
- Section 722.124d - Public information form; reporting nonconfidential information; detachable section; distribution of blank forms; acceptance and maintenance of completed forms; individual requests for information about adoption facilitators; sending nonconfidential portion in response to individual's request; fee.
- Section 722.125 - Violation as misdemeanor; penalty; conviction as ground for revocation of license or certificate of registration; effect of revocation, denial, or refusal to renew.
- Section 722.126 - Education of public.
- Section 722.127 - Objection on religious grounds to medical examination, immunization, or treatment of child.
- Section 722.127a - Use of inhaler or epinephrine auto-injector by child at children's camp.
- Section 722.128 - Repeal.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.