2010 Michigan Compiled Laws
GARAGE KEEPER'S LIEN ACT
Chapter 570 - LIENS
Act 312 of 1915 - GARAGE KEEPER'S LIEN ACT (570.301 - 570.310)
Act 312 of 1915
AN ACT to establish, protect and enforce by lien the rights of garage keepers who furnish labor or material for storing, repairing, maintaining, keeping or otherwise supplying automobiles or other vehicles.
History: 1915, Act 312, Eff. Aug. 24, 1915 ;-- Am. 1964, Act 168, Eff. Aug. 28, 1964
Popular Name: Garage Keeper's Lien Act
- Section 570.301 - Short title.
- Section 570.301a, 570.301b - Repealed. 1998, Act 236, Imd. Eff. July 3, 1998.
- Section 570.302 - Definitions.
- Section 570.302a - Repealed. 1998, Act 236, Imd. Eff. July 3, 1998.
- Section 570.303 - Garage keeper; attachment of lien upon vehicle; manner; amount.
- Section 570.304 - Garage keeper's lien; amounts not included; storage charge.
- Section 570.305 - Garage keeper's lien; enforcement; sale of vehicle at public sale.
- Section 570.306 - Proceeds of sale; distribution; order of priority; return of remaining proceeds to vehicle owner; disposition of unclaimed money.
- Section 570.307 - Failure to comply with act; action by owner or lienholder.
- Section 570.308 - Applicability of act to warehouse receipt, bill of lading, or other document of title.
- Section 570.309 - Other ordinance or state law; effect.
- Section 570.310 - False statement; violation as misdemeanor; penalty.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.