2010 Michigan Compiled Laws
SELF-SERVICE STORAGE FACILITY ACT
Chapter 570 - LIENS
Act 148 of 1985 - SELF-SERVICE STORAGE FACILITY ACT (570.521 - 570.527)
Act 148 of 1985
AN ACT to provide for a lien on personal property stored at a self-service storage facility or self-contained storage unit in favor of the owner of the facility or self-contained storage unit; to limit the liability of self-service storage facility and self-contained storage unit owners; and to provide for enforcement.
History: 1985, Act 148, Eff. Mar. 31, 1986 ;-- Am. 2000, Act 443, Imd. Eff. Jan. 9, 2001
- Section 570.521 - Short title.
- Section 570.522 - Definitions.
- Section 570.523 - Lien; attachment; priority; written notice.
- Section 570.524 - Denial of access upon nonpayment of rent; disclosure of nontenant occupant; tenant as service member who is transferred or deployed.
- Section 570.525 - Enforcement of lien.
- Section 570.526 - Action for damages.
- Section 570.527 - Applicability of act.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.