2010 Michigan Compiled Laws
LIEN FOR LABOR AND MATERIALS FOR OIL OR GAS WELLS, PIPE LINES, OR EQUIPMENT
Chapter 570 - LIENS
Act 146 of 1937 - LIEN FOR LABOR AND MATERIALS FOR OIL OR GAS WELLS, PIPE LINES, OR EQUIPMENT (570.251 - 570.266)
Act 146 of 1937
AN ACT to establish, protect and enforce by lien the rights of laborers, contractors, sub-contractors and material men and other persons furnishing labor, tools, or materials, or other things of value, for the drilling, boring, torpedoing, acidizing, completing, operating or repairing of any oil or gas well, or the constructing or repairing of any oil or gas pipe line, oil or gas derrick, or oil tank.
History: 1937, Act 146, Imd. Eff. July 2, 1937
- Section 570.251 - Lien for labor or material for oil or gas well or pipe line; extent; waiver by agreement; delivery of materials; additional liens, recording.
- Section 570.252 - Lien for labor or material for oil or gas well or pipe line; contractors or sub-contractors.
- Section 570.253 - Owner or lessee may retain money to pay demands; statement of contractor; protection of owners.
- Section 570.254 - Statement of lien; contents, verification; recording with register of deeds, fee.
- Section 570.255 - Statement of lien; service of copy on owner or lessee, proof, posting.
- Section 570.256 - Liens; duration, priority over other interests, subrogation.
- Section 570.257 - Proceedings to enforce lien; lis pendens, parties, cross bills, practice and procedure, sale, confirmation, costs.
- Section 570.258 - Lien not to preclude any other lawful remedy.
- Section 570.259 - Lienholder to execute discharge upon payment of debt; recording with register of deeds, fee; discharge by ex parte proceedings.
- Section 570.260 - Assignment or waiver of lien.
- Section 570.261 - Notice by publication.
- Section 570.262 - Liberal construction.
- Section 570.263 - Oil or gas wells and pipe lines; definitions.
- Section 570.266 - Declaration of emergency.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.