2010 Michigan Compiled Laws
CORPORATE FIDUCIARY STOCKHOLDERS
Chapter 555 - USES AND TRUSTS
Act 56 of 1957 - CORPORATE FIDUCIARY STOCKHOLDERS (555.441 - 555.447)
Act 56 of 1957
AN ACT relative to the authority of a corporation acting as trustee, executor, administrator, whether special, general, ancillary, with the will annexed or de bonis non, agent or guardian, whether special or general, to hold stock or other securities in the name of a nominee; the manner of indorsement of securities so held; the possession of or transfer of, or accounting for, those securities by the corporation; the liability of the corporation with respect to those transactions; and the promulgation of rules.
History: 1957, Act 56, Eff. Sept. 27, 1957 ;-- Am. 1972, Act 149, Imd. Eff. May 26, 1972 ;-- Am. 1975, Act 310, Imd. Eff. Dec. 22, 1975
- Section 555.441 - Corporation as fiduciary or co-fiduciary holding stock or securities in name of nominee; consent of co-fiduciary; endorsement of certificate.
- Section 555.442 - Acts of nominee, federal reserve bank, and clearing corporation deemed acts of corporation acting as fiduciary.
- Section 555.443 - Records of corporation to show ownership of stock or other securities held by corporation as fiduciary; manner of keeping stocks and other securities separate from assets of corporation.
- Section 555.444 - Deposit of securities with federal reserve bank; crediting deposit; designating fiduciary account; records to show ownership of securities held in account; transfer of securities.
- Section 555.445 - Deposit of securities in clearing corporation, bank, or trust company; deposit of securities by clearing corporation, bank, or trust company in another clearing corporation, bank, or trust company; evidence of safety of securities; merging certificates; holding certificates in bulk; transfer of securities; approval of commissioner.
- Section 555.446 - Rules.
- Section 555.447 - Applicability of amendatory act.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.