2010 Michigan Compiled Laws
INTERSTATE INCOME WITHHOLDING ACT
Chapter 552 - DIVORCE
Act 216 of 1985 - INTERSTATE INCOME WITHHOLDING ACT (552.671 - 552.685)
Act 216 of 1985
AN ACT to facilitate the interstate enforcement of support obligations through income withholding; to prescribe certain powers and duties of the circuit court and of certain agencies and persons; and to provide for remedies and penalties.
History: 1985, Act 216, Eff. Mar. 1, 1986
- Section 552.671 - Short title.
- Section 552.672 - Purpose of act.
- Section 552.673 - Definitions.
- Section 552.674 - Remedy cumulative; delay or denial of relief prohibited.
- Section 552.675 - Requesting agency of another jurisdiction to enter order for purpose of obtaining income withholding; documentation; copy of subsequent modifications of support order; contesting income withholding; notice; monitoring payments.
- Section 552.676 - Office of child support to forward documentation to office of friend of court; filing documents with clerk of court; acceptance of documents as entry of support order; documentation required for entry of support order of another jurisdiction; remedying defect in documentation; notice of necessary additions or corrections; effect of meeting substantive requirement; enforcement of support order; jurisdiction limited to income withholding.
- Section 552.676a - Filing fee or other costs not required.
- Section 552.677 - Notice of proposed income withholding; contents; request for hearing; notice of hearing.
- Section 552.678 - Prima facie proof; defenses of obligor; burden; duties of court.
- Section 552.679 - Order of income withholding; manner of taking effect; notice.
- Section 552.680 - Payments made and received pursuant to order of income withholding; validity of support order; more than 1 support order in effect for support of 1 person by same obligor.
- Section 552.680a - Transition to centralized receipt and disbursement of support and fees.
- Section 552.681 - Obligor obtaining employment or having new or additional source of income in another state; duty of office of friend of court.
- Section 552.682 - Voluntary income withholding.
- Section 552.683 - Applicable law.
- Section 552.684 - Effective date.
- Section 552.685 - Conditional effective date.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.