2010 Michigan Compiled Laws
COUNTY AND REGIONAL PARKS
Chapter 46 - COUNTY BOARDS OF COMMISSIONERS
Act 261 of 1965 - COUNTY AND REGIONAL PARKS (46.351 - 46.367)
Act 261 of 1965
AN ACT to authorize the creation and to prescribe the powers and duties of county and regional parks and recreation commissions; and to prescribe the powers and duties of county boards of commissioners with respect to county and regional parks and recreation commissions.
History: 1965, Act 261, Imd. Eff. July 21, 1965 ;-- Am. 2000, Act 496, Imd. Eff. Jan. 11, 2001
- Section 46.351 - County parks and recreation commission; creation; membership; terms; vacancy; commission as county agency; rules and regulations; compensation.
- Section 46.352 - Regional parks and recreation commission; creation; membership; terms; vacancies; compensation.
- Section 46.353 - County commission and regional commission; election and terms of officers; treasurer; quorum; conducting business at public meeting; notice of meeting; bylaws; contracts.
- Section 46.354 - County commission; appropriation for expenses.
- Section 46.355 - Regional commission; appropriation or tax levy; annual budget, approval, effect.
- Section 46.356 - County and regional commissions; study of facilities and needs, plan.
- Section 46.357 - Filing of records, proposals, plans, and programs; availability of certain writings to public.
- Section 46.358 - County and regional commissions; acquisition of property.
- Section 46.359 - County and regional commissions; condemnation of private property.
- Section 46.359a - County and regional commissions; condemnation of property in another county.
- Section 46.360 - County and regional commission; acceptance of gifts and bequests, grants-in-aid.
- Section 46.361 - County and regional commissions; development and operation of facilities.
- Section 46.362 - County and regional commissions; custody, control and management of property.
- Section 46.363 - County and regional commissions; installation and maintenance of roads and parking facilities.
- Section 46.364 - County and regional commissions; rules; violation of rules as misdemeanor; penalty; prohibited operation of vehicle as municipal civil infraction; enforcement; park rangers; police services.
- Section 46.365 - County and regional commissions; charges and fees, collection, payment to county treasurer, uses.
- Section 46.366 - County and regional commission; employment of personnel, executive officer.
- Section 46.367 - Park and recreational places; revenue bonds; resolution; issuance of bonds or notes; negotiability; interest; tax exemption; limitations; applicable law; amount of borrowings.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.