2010 Michigan Compiled Laws
TRAXLER-MCCAULEY-LAW-BOWMAN BINGO ACT
Chapter 432 - GAMING
Act 382 of 1972 - TRAXLER-MCCAULEY-LAW-BOWMAN BINGO ACT (432.101 - 432.120)
Act 382 of 1972
AN ACT to license and regulate the conducting of bingo, millionaire parties, and certain other forms of gambling; to provide for the conducting of charity games, raffles, and numeral games; to provide for exemptions from licensing requirements under certain circumstances; to impose certain duties and authority upon certain state departments, agencies, and officers; to provide a tax exemption; and to provide penalties.
History: 1972, Act 382, Eff. Apr. 1, 1973 ;-- Am. 1976, Act 193, Imd. Eff. July 15, 1976 ;-- Am. 1981, Act 229, Imd. Eff. Jan. 12, 1982 ;-- Am. 1999, Act 108, Eff. Mar. 10, 2000
Compiler's Notes: For transfer of the Bureau of State Lottery from the Department of Management and Budget to be an autonomous entity within the Department of Treasury, see E.R.O. No. 1991-2, compiled at MCL 12.161 of the Michigan Compiled Laws.
Popular Name: Bingo Act
- Section 432.101 - Short title.
- Section 432.102 - Definitions; A to C.
- Section 432.103 - Definitions; E to V.
- Section 432.103a - Definitions; E to S.
- Section 432.104 - Application for bingo, millionaire party, raffle, charity game, or numeral game license; procedure, form, and contents.
- Section 432.104a - Issuance of license.
- Section 432.105 - Large or small bingo license; reissuance; expiration; limitations.
- Section 432.105a - Recreational bingo; conditions.
- Section 432.105b - Seating of persons with disabilities; chairperson.
- Section 432.105c - Michigan progressive jackpot bingo.
- Section 432.105d - Small and large raffle licenses; issuance.
- Section 432.106 - Event license; contents; display.
- Section 432.107 - Repealed. 1999, Act 108, Eff. Mar. 10, 2000.
- Section 432.107a - Charity game tickets.
- Section 432.107b - Charity game license; issuance.
- Section 432.107c - Numeral game license; issuance.
- Section 432.107d - Numeral game tickets; prizes.
- Section 432.108 - Disposition of fees and revenue; expenses; limitation.
- Section 432.109 - Use of net proceeds of event; expenses.
- Section 432.110 - Management of event; compensation; equipment; advertising.
- Section 432.110a - Conduct of millionaire party.
- Section 432.110b - Millionaire party license; issuance.
- Section 432.111 - Recipient of prize exempt from state or local taxation.
- Section 432.111a - Bingo hall license.
- Section 432.111b - Supplier of equipment, charity game tickets, or numeral game tickets.
- Section 432.111c - License to act as manufacturer.
- Section 432.112 - Enforcement and administration of act; personnel.
- Section 432.113 - Rules.
- Section 432.114 - Record of event; inspection of record; financial statement; inspection of licensed event.
- Section 432.115 - Annual report of commissioner.
- Section 432.116 - Denial, suspension, or revocation of license; procedure; subpoenas; fine.
- Section 432.117 - Violations; penalty.
- Section 432.118 - Period of ineligibility after revocation or forfeiture of license.
- Section 432.119 - Other penalties or disabilities inapplicable; applicability of MCL 169.201 to 169.282.
- Section 432.120 - Effective date.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.