2010 Michigan Compiled Laws
FENCES AND FENCE VIEWERS
Chapter 43 - FENCES AND FENCE VIEWERS
Act 34 of 1978 - FENCES AND FENCE VIEWERS (43.51 - 43.60)
Act 34 of 1978
AN ACT to revise the laws relating to fences on certain lands and fence viewers; and to repeal certain acts and parts of acts.
History: 1978, Act 34, Eff. Oct. 1, 1978
- Section 43.51 - “Fence” defined.
- Section 43.53 - Payment for construction and maintenance of fence; compensation for use of fence by adjoining property owner; constructing fence in lieu of compensation.
- Section 43.54 - Fence viewer; appointment; term; request and payment for services; advance notice; compensation.
- Section 43.55 - Fence viewer; duties; notice of decision; boundary disputes; appeal.
- Section 43.56 - Settlement of boundary line disputes; selection of fence viewer.
- Section 43.57 - Constructing or maintaining fence; decision or agreement to divide costs binding on heirs and assigns of parties.
- Section 43.58 - Payment of amount required under MCL 43.53 or MCL 43.55; time; amount as lien on property; report; spreading amount on assessment roll; collection; payment to property owner.
- Section 43.59 - Repeal of MCL 43.1 to 43.21.
- Section 43.60 - Effective date.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.