2010 Michigan Compiled Laws
PAVEMENTS, SIDEWALKS, AND ELEVATED STRUCTURES
Chapter 41 - TOWNSHIPS
Act 246 of 1931 - PAVEMENTS, SIDEWALKS, AND ELEVATED STRUCTURES (41.271 - 41.290)
Act 246 of 1931
AN ACT to provide for the construction, repair, and maintenance of pavements, sidewalks, and elevated structures on or along public roads and highways; to provide for the levying of taxes and of special assessments; to authorize the borrowing of money and the issuance of bonds; to prescribe the powers and duties of certain state and local agencies and officers; to validate actions taken, special assessments levied, and bonds issued; and to provide for the lighting of certain roads, highways, and bridges.
History: 1931, Act 246, Eff. Sept. 18, 1931 ;-- Am. 1945, Act 141, Eff. Sept. 6, 1945 ;-- Am. 1973, Act 122, Imd. Eff. Aug. 21, 1973 ;-- Am. 1989, Act 80, Imd. Eff. June 20, 1989
- Section 41.271 - Pavements or sidewalks; application by petition; eligibility of signers, certificate of tax status; authority of county road commissioners; highway or public highway, definition.
- Section 41.271a - Pavements or sidewalks; application by resolution of township board; declaration of necessity, public hearing; petition for discontinuance.
- Section 41.272 - Pavements or sidewalks; survey, plat; adoption of materials, grade and manner of construction by county road commissioners.
- Section 41.273 - Bridges, drains, curbing, culverts and additional rights of way; deemed part of improvement.
- Section 41.274 - Pavements or sidewalks; first order of determination, specifications, description of assessment district by county road commissioners; location along state trunk line, approval by state highway commissioner.
- Section 41.275 - Pavements or sidewalks; hearing of objections, notice, contents; change in specifications or boundaries of assessment district, new hearing.
- Section 41.276 - Pavements or sidewalks; liability of petitioners.
- Section 41.277 - Pavements or sidewalks; final order of determination, attachment of specifications.
- Section 41.278 - Contracts for construction of improvement; bids, notice, procedure; commencement of construction.
- Section 41.279 - Special assessment district; determination, announcement, addition of lands; determination of installments.
- Section 41.280 - Assessment of benefits against township and parcels of land; review; assessment against state lands; numbering of districts.
- Section 41.281 - Creation of indebtedness; approval by township board; limitation on issue of township bonds.
- Section 41.282 - Maintenance and repair of improvement; proration of expense of joint improvement.
- Section 41.283 - Proceedings governed by MCL 247.418 to 247.481; records; reports.
- Section 41.283a - Bonds; issuance and sale; full faith and credit; assessment district sinking fund; bonds subject to revised municipal finance act.
- Section 41.284 - Advancement of county road funds; reimbursement by township.
- Section 41.285 - County board of supervisors; appropriation of funds for advancement; establishment of revolving fund.
- Section 41.286 - Hearing examiners; powers and duties; determination of board of county road commissioners, petition for reconsideration, filing; notice, hearing.
- Section 41.287 - Validation of prior actions, special assessments, and bonds.
- Section 41.288 - Installation of sidewalks and elevated structures; payment; contracts; approval.
- Section 41.288a - Sidewalk construction, repair, or maintenance; order; meeting; notice; assessment of costs; approval; election.
- Section 41.288b - Public street cleaning vehicles and snow removal equipment.
- Section 41.289 - Lighting of roads, highways, and bridges generally.
- Section 41.289a - Lighting of roads, highways, and bridges; supervision; contracts.
- Section 41.289b - Expenses for lighting highways; special assessment; hearing; notice.
- Section 41.289c - Assessment in district for lighting roads, highways, and bridges.
- Section 41.289d - Relieving district of duty to light streets or highways.
- Section 41.290 - Lighting county roads, highways, and bridges; expense; contracts; extension of lines or service; payment; statement and budget; apportionment of sum required; tax; lighting state trunk line highways and bridges.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.