2010 Michigan Compiled Laws
TOWNSHIP PARKS AND PLACES OF RECREATION
Chapter 41 - TOWNSHIPS
Act 157 of 1905 - TOWNSHIP PARKS AND PLACES OF RECREATION (41.421 - 41.429)
Act 157 of 1905
AN ACT to provide for the acquisition, maintenance, management, and control of township parks, resorts, bathing beaches, and places of recreation; to provide for the creation of a township park commission; to provide for the dissolution of a township park commission; to provide for a board of commissioners; to provide for the issuance of bonds and the levy of taxes; to provide for the transfer of certain real property for parks; to authorize cities and villages to appropriate money for park purposes; to provide for the acquisition, construction, and use of wharves, piers, docks, and landing places in townships; to provide the powers and duties of certain local units of government and certain officials; and to prescribe penalties and provide remedies.
History: 1905, Act 157, Eff. Sept. 16, 1905 ;-- Am. 1941, Act 308, Eff. Jan. 10, 1942 ;-- Am. 1964, Act 32, Imd. Eff. May 4, 1964 ;-- Am. 1989, Act 79, Imd. Eff. June 20, 1989 ;-- Am. 1998, Act 160, Eff. Mar. 23, 1999 ;-- Am. 2008, Act 496, Imd. Eff. Jan. 13, 2009
- Section 41.421 - Township parks; acquisition; control by board of commissioners; condemnation of land.
- Section 41.422 - Place of recreation; adoption of rules and regulations by board of commissioners; violation as misdemeanor; recreational trailway; posting of regulations; prohibited operation of vehicle as municipal civil infraction; penalty; admission charges.
- Section 41.423 - Board of commissioners; election of officers; employees; record of transactions; treasurer, bond.
- Section 41.424 - Township parks; plan for acquisition, specifications; referendum, adoption, record.
- Section 41.425 - Exemption from taxation.
- Section 41.425a - Violation of MCL 168.1 to 168.992 applicable to petitions; penalties.
- Section 41.426 - Township park commission; petition; election; membership; terms; increase or decrease in number of members; vacancy.
- Section 41.426a - Township park commission; authority generally.
- Section 41.426b - Township park commission; compensation of members; employment of clerical assistance; expenses.
- Section 41.426c - Budget; limitation; assessment, levy, and collection of tax.
- Section 41.426d - Township bonds; acquisition of lands for parks and places of recreation; payment.
- Section 41.426e - Sale or conveyance of portions of land not needed.
- Section 41.426f - Annual report.
- Section 41.426g - Township park commission; dissolution; procedures.
- Section 41.426h - Township park commission; dissolution; validation; ratification.
- Section 41.427 - Conveyances to and duties of board of county park trustees.
- Section 41.428 - Appropriation; purpose; contribution to park commission.
- Section 41.429 - Wharves, piers, docks, and landing places.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.