2010 Michigan Compiled Laws
TOWNSHIP AND VILLAGE PUBLIC IMPROVEMENT AND PUBLIC SERVICE ACT
Chapter 41 - TOWNSHIPS
Act 116 of 1923 - TOWNSHIP AND VILLAGE PUBLIC IMPROVEMENT AND PUBLIC SERVICE ACT (41.411 - 41.419)
Act 116 of 1923
AN ACT to authorize certain township or village public improvements and services; to prescribe penalties and provide remedies; and to repeal acts and parts of acts.
History: 1923, Act 116, Eff. Aug. 30, 1923 ;-- Am. 1925, Act 263, Eff. Aug. 27, 1925 ;-- Am. 1927, Act 58, Imd. Eff. Apr. 21, 1927 ;-- Am. 1929, Act 232, Eff. Aug. 28, 1929 ;-- Am. 1931, Act 140, Imd. Eff. May 21, 1931 ;-- Am. 1935, Act 68, Imd. Eff. May 18, 1935 ;-- Am. 1937, Act 318, Imd. Eff. July 27, 1937 ;-- Am. 1941, Act 201, Eff. Jan. 10, 1942 ;-- Am. 1945, Act 239, Eff. Sept. 6, 1945 ;-- Am. 1947, Act 150, Imd. Eff. June 2, 1947 ;-- Am. 1952, Act 43, Imd. Eff. Apr. 1, 1952 ;-- Am. 1957, Act 227, Eff. Sept. 27, 1957 ;-- Am. 1961, Act 33, Imd. Eff. May 18, 1961 ;-- Am. 1989, Act 82, Imd. Eff. June 20, 1989 ;-- Am. 1998, Act 159, Eff. Mar. 23, 1999
- Section 41.411 - Township board, common council, or board of trustees of incorporated village; powers and duties; short title.
- Section 41.412 - Special assessment district; creation, enlargement, and discontinuance; petitions; assessment.
- Section 41.413 - Cost of proposed improvement or service; special assessment bonds; special assessment taxes; proceedings; insufficiency of special assessment fund; advancement of township funds; reimbursement.
- Section 41.413a - Waterworks; control and operation; election and terms of members of board of public service commissioners; vacancy; member as resident of district; “annual township election” defined; employees; violation of MCL 168.1 to 168.992 applicable to petitions; penalties; dissolution of board; records.
- Section 41.413b - Lighting in residential areas; special assessments; basis.
- Section 41.414 - Special assessment installments; limitations; collection; appeal; tapping works to supply water outside of village or district; restrictions; special assessment after December 31, 1998; “taxable value” defined; finding of invalid assessment.
- Section 41.415 - Special assessments levied against platted corner lots; payment by township.
- Section 41.416 - Borrowing money; motion; application; referendum; issuing bonds; use of money borrowed.
- Section 41.416a - Requirements of application filed pursuant to MCL 41.416; resolution; submission of proposition to electors of township; ballot; notices; calling special election.
- Section 41.416b - Conduct of election; canvass of vote.
- Section 41.416c - Issuance and sale of bonds in conformity with revised municipal finance act.
- Section 41.416d - Levy and collection of tax.
- Section 41.416e - Tax for maintenance, upkeep, or repair of public buildings.
- Section 41.416f - Library.
- Section 41.417 - Use of building by township for public purposes where real property becomes part of incorporated village or city.
- Section 41.417a - Township or village scales.
- Section 41.418 - Weed control.
- Section 41.418a - Control of weeds in inland public lakes.
- Section 41.418b - Use of pesticide for weed control in inland lake; “pesticide” defined.
- Section 41.419 - Spraying of trees or shrubs.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.