2010 Michigan Compiled Laws
TOWNSHIP WATER SUPPLY AND SEWAGE DISPOSAL SERVICES AND FACILITIES
Chapter 41 - TOWNSHIPS
Act 107 of 1941 - TOWNSHIP WATER SUPPLY AND SEWAGE DISPOSAL SERVICES AND FACILITIES (41.331 - 41.351z)
Act 107 of 1941
AN ACT to authorize township water supply and sewage disposal services and facilities; to provide for financing of those services and facilities; to prescribe the powers and duties of township boards with respect to those services and facilities; and to prescribe penalties and provide remedies.
History: 1941, Act 107, Imd. Eff. May 20, 1941 ;-- Am. 1951, Act 201, Imd. Eff. June 14, 1951 ;-- Am. 1989, Act 83, Imd. Eff. June 20, 1989 ;-- Am. 1998, Act 195, Eff. Mar. 23, 1999
- Section 41.331 - Furnishing water to water supply district; petitions; contracts; terms and conditions.
- Section 41.332 - Water mains and fittings; purchase, installation, and maintenance.
- Section 41.333 - Water supply system; payment from contingent fund; limitations; separately financed and operated water supply system; map.
- Section 41.334 - Percentage of net cost remaining after application of MCL 41.333; payment.
- Section 41.335 - Tapping or making connection with mains of water supply district; payment; plan for financing, maintenance, and control of improvement.
- Section 41.335a - Township water board; establishment; powers; loans from private parties; retirement of loans.
- Section 41.336 - Publication of plan adopted under MCL 41.335.
- Section 41.337 - Failure to pay percentage of net cost remaining after application of MCL 41.333; refund of money previously deposited.
- Section 41.338 - Installation of improvement by township board; loan.
- Section 41.339 - Excess money; deposit in contingent fund; applicability of section.
- Section 41.340 - Maintenance and use of mains and fittings of water supply district; control by township board; amendment of rules and regulations; notice; publication.
- Section 41.341 - Water mains extended or installed in accordance with similar plan; control by township board; rules and regulations; publication; amendment or alteration; notice.
- Section 41.342 - Definitions.
- Section 41.343 - Township water supply and sewage disposal system; loan from corporation; bonds.
- Section 41.344 - Contract for issuance and delivery of negotiable revenue bonds; interest, terms, and conditions.
- Section 41.345 - Exercise of power by ordinance; incorporation and publication of contract as part of ordinance.
- Section 41.346 - Statutory lien upon net revenues; net revenues as trust funds.
- Section 41.347 - Duration and enforcement of statutory lien.
- Section 41.348 - Default in payment of principal or interest on bond; appointment and powers of receiver.
- Section 41.349 - Payment of principal and interest on bonds solely from net revenues; bond or coupon not general obligation or indebtedness; registration.
- Section 41.350 - Operation or maintenance of public improvement; appropriation to pay expenses.
- Section 41.350a - Powers conferred by MCL 41.331 to 41.350.
- Section 41.350b - Water service for fire protection within district; special assessment; resolution.
- Section 41.350c - Contents of resolution required by MCL 41.350b.
- Section 41.350d - Annual fire protection cost; payment.
- Section 41.350e - Fixing date for public hearing.
- Section 41.350f - Preparation and levy of assessment; report.
- Section 41.350g - Making assessment on special assessment roll or on regular township tax roll; due date; collection; return for nonpayment.
- Section 41.350h - Conducting business at public meeting; notice.
- Section 41.350i - Public hearing; objections; determination; equitable change.
- Section 41.350j - Review, correction, and confirmation of assessment roll; collection.
- Section 41.350k - Annual determination of amount to be assessed; levy; additional hearings.
- Section 41.350 - Contract with another township, city, or village for supplying water.
- Section 41.350m - Acquisition and installation of water supply facilities; borrowing money and issuing notes.
- Section 41.350n - Provisions to which transaction authorized by MCL 41.350m subject.
- Section 41.350o - Notes issued under MCL 41.350m.
- Section 41.350p - Pledge of sales tax money by ordinance.
- Section 41.350q - Withholding and paying lender constitutionally allocated money.
- Section 41.350r - Exercise of powers by ordinance; procedure.
- Section 41.350s - Effective date of ordinance authorized by MCL 41.350r; petition; election.
- Section 41.350t - Powers cumulative.
- Section 41.350u - Violation of MCL 168.1 to 168.992 applicable to petitions; penalties.
- Section 41.351z - Repealed. 1989, Act 83, Imd. Eff. June 20, 1989.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.