2010 Michigan Compiled Laws
MICHIGAN CHILDREN'S INSTITUTE
Chapter 400 - SOCIAL SERVICES
Act 220 of 1935 - MICHIGAN CHILDREN'S INSTITUTE (400.201 - 400.216)
Act 220 of 1935
AN ACT to provide family home care for children committed to the care of the state, to create the Michigan children's institute under the control of the Michigan social welfare commission, to prescribe the powers and duties thereof, and to provide penalties for violations of certain provisions of this act.
History: 1935, Act 220, Imd. Eff. June 8, 1935 ;-- Am. 1944, 1st Ex. Sess., Act 8, Imd. Eff. Feb. 19, 1944 ;-- Am. 1955, Act 220, Eff. Oct. 14, 1955
- Section 400.201 - Michigan children's institute; creation; transfer of records and property from state public school.
- Section 400.202 - Children's institute; control by social welfare commission; superintendent, officers and employees.
- Section 400.203 - Provisions for admission of child under 17 to Michigan children's institute.
- Section 400.204 - Michigan children's institute; commitment order; transportation; expense; communication with child's attorney.
- Section 400.205 - Committed children; placement in private home, investigation, court order.
- Section 400.206 - Committed children; temporary residential facilities.
- Section 400.207 - Rules for maintenance, health, instruction, and training of children; liability for cost of child's care; superintendent as authorized agent; receipt and disposition of donation, grant, or personal property; investments; crediting earnings; expenditures; requisition from trust fund; utilization of county facilities; services of voluntary organization; enforcement of rules; cancellation of agreement; restoration of child to parent or relative; assistance to parent or relative; licensed boarding home; expense; reimbursement; investigation; report.
- Section 400.208 - Committed children; return to home county.
- Section 400.209 - Committed children; adoption, marriage, emancipation; consent by superintendent; preliminary consent denial review process.
- Section 400.210 - Committed children; application for removal from institute, procedure; visitation to homes.
- Section 400.211 - Preservation of records; confidentiality.
- Section 400.212 - Repealed. 1955, Act 220, Eff. Oct. 14, 1955.
- Section 400.213 - Construction of act; severing clause.
- Section 400.214 - Aiding child to escape; penalty.
- Section 400.215, 400.216 - Repealed. 1955, Act 220, Eff. Oct. 14, 1955.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.