2010 Michigan Compiled Laws
MICHIGAN DO-NOT-RESUSCITATE PROCEDURE ACT
Chapter 333 - HEALTH
Act 193 of 1996 - MICHIGAN DO-NOT-RESUSCITATE PROCEDURE ACT (333.1051 - 333.1067)
Act 193 of 1996
AN ACT to provide for the execution of a do-not-resuscitate order for a patient in a setting outside of a hospital, a nursing home, or a mental health facility owned or operated by the department of community health; to provide that certain actions be taken and certain actions not be taken with respect to such an order; to provide for the revocation of a do-not-resuscitate order; to prohibit certain persons and organizations from requiring the execution of such an order as a condition of receiving coverage, benefits, or services; to prohibit certain actions by certain insurers; to exempt certain persons from penalties and liabilities; and to prescribe liabilities.
History: 1996, Act 193, Eff. Aug. 1, 1996
- Section 333.1051 - Short title.
- Section 333.1052 - Definitions.
- Section 333.1053 - Execution of order; authorized persons; form; printed or typed names; signatures; witness; identification bracelet; possession; access.
- Section 333.1054 - Execution of order; form.
- Section 333.1055 - Persons depending on spiritual means through prayer for healing; execution of order.
- Section 333.1056 - Execution of order under MCL 333.1055; form.
- Section 333.1057 - Identification bracelet.
- Section 333.1058 - Copy of order as permanent medical record.
- Section 333.1059 - Petition for review of order.
- Section 333.1060 - Revocation of order.
- Section 333.1061 - Determination by health professional.
- Section 333.1062 - Immunity from civil or criminal liability.
- Section 333.1063 - Immunity from civil or criminal liability; conditions.
- Section 333.1064 - Requirement to execute order prohibited.
- Section 333.1065 - Life insurer; prohibited acts.
- Section 333.1066 - Legal rights not impaired or superseded; presumptions.
- Section 333.1067 - Effective date.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.