2010 Michigan Compiled Laws
REGISTRATION AND IDENTIFICATION OF DOGS
Chapter 287 - ANIMAL INDUSTRY
Act 309 of 1939 - REGISTRATION AND IDENTIFICATION OF DOGS (287.301 - 287.308)
Act 309 of 1939
AN ACT to provide for the regulation, registration, identification and licensing of dogs; to prescribe the powers and duties of the commissioner of agriculture with respect thereto; to prescribe penalties for violation of the provisions of this act; and to declare the effect of this act.
History: 1939, Act 309, Eff. Sept. 29, 1939
- Section 287.301 - Dogs; tattooing of serial number; application, fee.
- Section 287.302 - Dogs; assignment of title; filing; issuance of title to purchaser.
- Section 287.303 - Identification certificate; issuance to owner.
- Section 287.304 - Record of dog and owner kept by commissioner of agriculture.
- Section 287.305 - Lost dog; finder entitled to fee for keeping.
- Section 287.306 - Fees credited to general fund.
- Section 287.307 - Mutilating of serial number prohibited; penalty.
- Section 287.308 - Stealing or holding dog in possession; penalty.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.