2010 Michigan Compiled Laws
SLAUGHTERHOUSES; EDIBLE RENDERING, WHOLESALE FABRICATING, PROCESSING, OR STORAGE ESTABLISHMENTS
Chapter 287 - ANIMAL INDUSTRY
Act 280 of 1965 - SLAUGHTERHOUSES; EDIBLE RENDERING, WHOLESALE FABRICATING, PROCESSING, OR STORAGE ESTABLISHMENTS (287.571 - 287.582)
Act 280 of 1965
AN ACT to provide for licensing and regulating of slaughterhouses, edible rendering establishments and wholesale fabricating, processing or storage establishments of meat; to provide for the antemortem and postmortem inspection and reinspection of slaughtered meat animals; to prescribe the duties and powers of the department of agriculture; to prescribe license fees; to provide for the transfer of personnel and the rights of employees affected by this act; to provide for inspection of large wild game animals; and to provide penalties for violation of the provisions of this act.
History: 1965, Act 280, Imd. Eff. July 22, 1965 ;-- Am. 1966, Act 239, Imd. Eff. July 11, 1966 ;-- Am. 1970, Act 166, Imd. Eff. Aug. 3, 1970 ;-- Am. 1971, Act 143, Imd. Eff. Nov. 12, 1971
- Section 287.571 - Definitions.
- Section 287.572 - Administration; adoption of rules; minimum standards; inspection programs.
- Section 287.572a - Transfer of local meat inspection officers and employees to department; agreements; civil service and retirement rights and benefits.
- Section 287.573 - License required; sale and transportation of products; exemption.
- Section 287.574 - Slaughtering meat animals from producer's herd; wild game animals.
- Section 287.575 - Ante-mortem inspection of meat animals.
- Section 287.576 - Postmortem inspection and reinspection; exception; expenses, state share.
- Section 287.577 - License; application, fee, expiration; expense of inspection programs.
- Section 287.577a - Repealed. 1970, Act 166, Imd. Eff. Aug. 3, 1970.
- Section 287.578 - Meat inspection mark; possession and use.
- Section 287.579 - Prohibited sales of meat; wild game animals.
- Section 287.580 - Authorization to seek federal approval of program and to enter cooperative agreement.
- Section 287.581 - Denial or revocation of license; grounds, notice, hearing, appeal.
- Section 287.582 - Violation of act; penalty.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.