2010 Michigan Compiled Laws
MICHIGAN RETIRED LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER'S FIREARM CARRY ACT
Chapter 28 - MICHIGAN STATE POLICE
Act 537 of 2008 - MICHIGAN RETIRED LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER'S FIREARM CARRY ACT (28.511 - 28.527)
Act 537 of 2008
AN ACT to authorize a process for retired law enforcement officers to carry concealed firearms in this state; to prescribe certain powers and duties of the department of state police, the commission on law enforcement standards, and certain other state officers and agencies; to impose certain civil and criminal penalties; to impose certain requirements on certain persons issued certificates to carry concealed firearms; to provide for certain civil immunity; to allow for the collection of certain fees; to create certain funds; to provide for the forfeiture of firearms under certain circumstances; and to provide for the promulgation of rules.
History: 2008, Act 537, Eff. Mar. 31, 2009
- Section 28.511 - Short title.
- Section 28.512 - Definitions.
- Section 28.513 - Certification of qualified retired law enforcement officer to carry concealed firearm; establishment of requirements and procedures by commission; rules.
- Section 28.514 - Eligibility to carry concealed firearm.
- Section 28.515 - Application requirements and procedures to verify identity; conduct criminal history, and conduct background investigation; establishment by commission.
- Section 28.516 - Application form; signature; providing false or misleading information as felony; penalty.
- Section 28.517 - Issuance of certificate; carrying certificate and driver license or Michigan personal identification card; disclosure to peace officer; forfeiture upon notice of revocation; violation; penalties.
- Section 28.518 - Circumstances requiring report to commission; failure to file report as misdemeanor; penalty.
- Section 28.519 - Implied consent to submit to chemical analysis; certificate holder under influence of alcoholic liquor or controlled substance; violation; penalty; exception; collection and testing of breath, blood, and urine specimens; refusal to take chemical test; report of violation to commission.
- Section 28.520 - Computerized database; creation and maintenance by commission; information to be contained; deletion; dissemination; confidentiality.
- Section 28.521 - Administration of active duty firearm standard; identification of eligible public entities.
- Section 28.522 - Firearm subject to seizure and forfeiture.
- Section 28.523 - Retired law enforcement officer safety fund; creation in state treasury; credit of funds; balance remaining at end of fiscal year; administration for auditing purposes; expenditures.
- Section 28.524 - Fees.
- Section 28.525 - Immunity from liability.
- Section 28.526 - Preemption.
- Section 28.527 - Expiration of commission's authority to issue certificates.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.