2010 Michigan Compiled Laws
PUBLIC SAFETY OFFICERS BENEFIT ACT
Chapter 28 - MICHIGAN STATE POLICE
Act 46 of 2004 - PUBLIC SAFETY OFFICERS BENEFIT ACT (28.631 - 28.638)
Act 46 of 2004
AN ACT to provide compensation to dependents of public safety officers who are killed or who are permanently and totally disabled in the line of duty; to create the public safety officers benefit fund; to prescribe the duties and responsibilities of certain state officers; and to make an appropriation.
History: 2004, Act 46, Eff. Oct. 1, 2003
Compiler's Notes: Enacting section 1 of Act 46 of 2004 provides“This act is retroactive and is effective October 1, 2003.”
- Section 28.631 - Short title.
- Section 28.632 - Definitions.
- Section 28.633 - Public safety officers benefit fund; creation; disposition and investment of funds; lapse; expenditures; rules.
- Section 28.634 - Death or disability of public safety officer; benefit; amount; additional benefit.
- Section 28.635 - Interim benefit.
- Section 28.636 - Benefit payment; prohibitions.
- Section 28.637 - Appropriation; amount.
- Section 28.638 - Payment of benefits; condition.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.