2010 Michigan Compiled Laws
PUBLIC BODY LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY ACT
Chapter 28 - MICHIGAN STATE POLICE
Act 378 of 2004 - PUBLIC BODY LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY ACT (28.581 - 28.590)
Act 378 of 2004
AN ACT to allow certain public bodies to create law enforcement agencies and grant certain powers and authority to law enforcement officers employed by those agencies; to require those law enforcement officers to meet certain standards; to prescribe certain powers and duties of those law enforcement agencies; to provide for certain powers of public bodies; and to provide for certain powers and duties of state and local agencies and officers.
History: 2004, Act 378, Imd. Eff. Oct. 12, 2004
- Section 28.581 - Short title.
- Section 28.582 - Definitions.
- Section 28.583 - Creation of law enforcement agency by public body.
- Section 28.584 - Approval of prosecuting attorney and sheriff; public hearings.
- Section 28.585 - Law enforcement agency oversight committee.
- Section 28.586 - Requirement of public funding, liability insurance, and written policies.
- Section 28.587 - Compliance with law enforcement standards act.
- Section 28.588 - Passage of rules, regulations, and ordinances by multicounty metropolitan district; penalties; notice.
- Section 28.589 - Jurisdiction of law enforcement agency.
- Section 28.590 - Submission of monthly uniform crime reports.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.