2010 Michigan Compiled Laws
BUREAU OF CRIMINAL IDENTIFICATION AND RECORDS
Chapter 28 - MICHIGAN STATE POLICE
Act 289 of 1925 - BUREAU OF CRIMINAL IDENTIFICATION AND RECORDS (28.241 - 28.249)
Act 289 of 1925
AN ACT to create and maintain a fingerprint identification and criminal history records division within the department of state police; to require peace officers, persons in charge of certain institutions, and others to make reports respecting juvenile offenses, crimes, and criminals to the state police; to require the fingerprinting of an accused by certain persons; and to provide penalties and remedies for a violation of this act.
History: 1925, Act 289, Imd. Eff. May 13, 1925 ;-- Am. 1931, Act 197, Imd. Eff. May 28, 1931 ;-- Am. 1986, Act 231, Eff. June 1, 1987 ;-- Am. 1988, Act 40, Eff. June 1, 1988 ;-- Am. 2001, Act 187, Eff. Apr. 1, 2002
- Section 28.241 - Department of state police; responsibility for criminal and juvenile identification and records; apparatus and materials.
- Section 28.241a - Definitions.
- Section 28.242 - Duties of commanding officer.
- Section 28.242a - Dissemination of criminal history information; exception.
- Section 28.243 - Taking and forwarding fingerprints of person arrested; manner; destruction of fingerprints and arrest card; duties of clerk on final disposition of charge; contents of report; informing director of federal bureau of investigation; comparison of fingerprints and description with those on file; informing arresting agency and prosecuting attorney; applicability of provisions; prohibited conduct under subsection (5).
- Section 28.243a - Fingerprinting; refusal or resistance as misdemeanor.
- Section 28.244 - Cooperation with bureaus in other states, federal bureau of investigation, and United States justice department.
- Section 28.245 - Local bureaus of identification; establishment.
- Section 28.245a - Performance audits of criminal and juvenile history record information; report.
- Section 28.246 - Neglect or refusal of officers or officials to perform duties as misdemeanor; penalty.
- Section 28.247 - Sexually motivated crimes and juvenile offenses and crimes and juvenile offenses involving sexual conduct; reports; forms; filing; confidentiality; examination of reports; violation as misdemeanor; penalty.
- Section 28.248 - Use of noncriminal identification fingerprints for criminal identification.
- Section 28.249 - Repealed. 1986, Act 231, Eff. June 1, 1987.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.