2010 Michigan Compiled Laws
DNA IDENTIFICATION PROFILING SYSTEM ACT
Chapter 28 - MICHIGAN STATE POLICE
Act 250 of 1990 - DNA IDENTIFICATION PROFILING SYSTEM ACT (28.171 - 28.178)
Act 250 of 1990
AN ACT to provide for a DNA identification profiling system; to provide for the collection of samples from certain prisoners, convicted offenders, and juvenile offenders and the analysis of those samples; and to prescribe the powers and duties of certain state departments and county agencies.
History: 1990, Act 250, Eff. June 17, 1994 ;-- Am. 1996, Act 508, Imd. Eff. Jan. 9, 1997 ;-- Am. 1998, Act 522, Imd. Eff. Jan. 12, 1999
- Section 28.171 - Short title.
- Section 28.172 - Definitions.
- Section 28.173 - Rules.
- Section 28.173a - DNA identification profiling; refusal to supply samples as misdemeanor; existing sample; inadequate sample.
- Section 28.174 - Developing capability of conducting DNA identification and genetic marker profiling.
- Section 28.175 - Unauthorized dissemination, receipt, or use of information; violation; penalty; removal, destruction, or tampering with DNA sample, record, or information; violation; penalty.
- Section 28.175a - DNA profiles; authorized use; analyses for identification of medical or genetic disorder prohibited.
- Section 28.176 - DNA identification profile; retention; requirements; disposal of sample or profile; good-faith error; disposal of physical evidence or data obtained from sample.
- Section 28.177, 28.178 - Repealed. 1994, Act 166, Imd. Eff. June 17, 1994.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.