2010 Michigan Compiled Laws
ENHANCED DRIVER LICENSE AND ENHANCED OFFICIAL STATE PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION CARD ACT
Chapter 28 - MICHIGAN STATE POLICE
Act 23 of 2008 - ENHANCED DRIVER LICENSE AND ENHANCED OFFICIAL STATE PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION CARD ACT (28.301 - 28.308)
Act 23 of 2008
AN ACT to authorize the secretary of state to issue enhanced driver licenses and state personal identification cards to United States citizens who reside in Michigan to facilitate travel between the United States and Canada; to establish certain funds and prescribe duties for certain officials; and to prohibit certain conduct and prescribe penalties.
History: 2008, Act 23, Imd. Eff. Mar. 13, 2008
- Section 28.301 - Short title.
- Section 28.302 - Definitions.
- Section 28.303 - Memorandum of understanding with federal agency; agreement to implement border-crossing initiative.
- Section 28.304 - Enhanced driver's license or enhanced official state personal identification card; issuance; security measures; radio frequency identification technology; requirements in addition to requirements for standard driver license or official state personal identification card; sanction; "sanction" defined.
- Section 28.305 - Items to be provided to secretary of state; facial image or signature; display of social security number prohibited; examination and verification of application and other documentation; rejection of application; retention of copies or digital images of documents or facial image; disclosure of digital images of documents; compilation or maintenance of database limited.
- Section 28.306 - Fees.
- Section 28.307 - Enhanced driver license and enhanced official state personal identification card fund; creation; disposition of money and assets; investment; money remaining at close of fiscal year; secretary of state as administrator; expenditure.
- Section 28.308 - Conduct as felony; penalty.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.